Lumiere Over Me

A/N: This is the first story I have written, so hopefully it's alright. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Also, any italics in this chapter are lyrics. Hope you enjoy!

"Hi, I'm Jesy." I say smiling at the dark haired lad in front of me.

We hug and he introduces himself.

"I'm Jake, it's lovely to meet you" his voice is smooth and has a surprising warmth to it.

I suddenly get butterflies in my stomach but just shrug it off as pre-performance nerves.

The girls and I introduce ourselves to the other boys, Charley, Danny and Lewi before meeting Jake's younger sister, who is apparently a huge fan.

- ONE YEAR LATER -

We're at Manchester Arena, on stage doing our sound check for todays performance at Key 103's Summer Live concert when Pez, Jade, Leigh and our crew start walking off stage.

"I guess we've finished sound check then" I think to myself as I follow them.

Jade turns around and smiles at me, I smile back and hear her gasp. Perrie and Leigh-Anne turn around too and instantly become wide eyed.

"What?" I ask as they all smile at me.

"Jesy, Jes, look it's Ed Sheeran" they all whisper excitedly.

I turn around as he starts playing his guitar. I instantly know what the song is and cant help but get a little emotional, tears brimming my eyes. He's playing Tenerife Sea it's mine and Jake's song. (A/N - If you haven't heard this song, now's your chance. It will make this chapter 10 times better)

"You look so wonderful in your dress. I love your hair like that, the way it falls on the side of your neck, down your shoulders and back..."

Perrie grabs my hand and pulls me onto the side of the stage. I try to pull back; she should know how unprofessional this is.

"Perrie, what are you doing? We shouldn't be on stage while he's rehearsing, it's so unprofessional!" I yell at her in a whispering tone.

She just looks at me and smiles; her smile grows as she looks back towards Ed. I follow her gaze and I'm suddenly breathless. Jake is standing beside Ed, just smiling at me. I'm frozen, I can't move, I can't speak, I can't even breathe, all I can do is listen to the song.

"... Should this be the last thing I see I want you to know it's enough for me, 'cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need. I'm so in love..."

I'm brought out of my trance as I feel familiar hands embrace mine and squeeze them lightly. I inhale deeply and suddenly realise I had forgotten to breathe. My eyes begin to focus on the figure standing in front of me; it's Jake.

He whispers in my ear, "Hey beautiful" and I instantly feel the heat rushing to my cheeks.

Jake guides me to the centre of the stage; I'm so engrossed in his eyes that I don't even realise everything happening around us and for a few seconds it's just the two of us.

It's like all at once reality hits when I hear someone sobbing, I look towards the noise and see my mum and Jake's mum standing side-by-side sobbing. It's only then that I look around and see everyone else, my parents, Jake's parents, Danny, Lewi and Charley, a few other close family and friends and of course my girls, Perrie, Jade and Leigh-Anne.

"...You look so beautiful in this light..."

I look back at Jake, he gets down on one knee and I cover my mouth as I begin to sob uncontrollably, finally realising what was about to happen.

"...The way it brings out the blue in your eyes, is the Tenerife Sea..."

I try to control my emotions as Jake speaks.

"Jes. The day I met you my life changed, of course I didn't know it at the time but it wasn't long before I fell completely and utterly in love with you. The way you make me feel, words could never describe but it's such a strong feeling that I continue to fall more in love with you each and every day. When I look at you I see so many things, my best friend, my girlfriend, my sunshine, my secret keeper, my tear stopper and most importantly, my future. When I look at you my heart stops but at the same time it beats out of my chest. When I look at you I see only you but I also see my whole world. When I look at you time stops and I can't help but fall deeper in love with you than I ever thought possible. You make me whole, you read my mind, you reassure me when I worry, you pick me up when I'm down and since the day we met, you've made me the happiest and luckiest man alive. You are the light in my life and I know that as long as you are by my side I will never be in the dark again. I know with all my heart and more that you are the only one I want to share the rest of my life with. Jessica Louise Nelson, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?"

"...Lumiere darling, Lumiere over me..."

I nod, still covering my mouth and crying silently.

"Yes! Yes! Of course I will" I say.

I hear everyone clapping and cheering as Jake stands up and kisses me passionately. In that moment it's just us, no one else, just my fiancé and I.

"...I'm so in love, so in love, so in love, so in love..."

A/N: I hope it was alright! I just made up the proposal speech because I have no idea what Jake actually said during the proposal. I will try to stay as close to the timeline of actual events but I apologise if there are any mistakes. Next chapter will be up in a couple of days and will be set a couple of months after the engagement. Thanks x