I Know

Jake's P.O.V

Jade: Jesy's ready to talk when you're free?

Me: On my way

----------------------

I walk up to Jade's front door and ring her doorbell. I take a step back and twiddle my thumbs, trying to calm my nerves. A million thoughts run through my head but one just seems to stick; what if she doesn't want to be with me anymore? I would never forgive myself.

The door opens; "Hi, Jake" Jade smiles.

"Hi, Jade" I reply, smiling back weakly.

I walk inside and Jade leads me towards the living room. Just before we get there she stops and turns around to face me.

"You're an idiot but I know you'd never hurt her and she knows that too" she says quietly, giving me a quick hug.

I nod, "Thanks Jade."

We continue into the living room and I see Jes sitting on one of the couches, holding a cushion up to her chest. I look at her and for once I can't read how she's feeling. I can tell she's had a shower; her hair's half dry with small curls starting to form and she's not wearing make-up like she was this morning. Her usual beautiful green/brown eyes that I adore are red and puffy and my heart breaks knowing I was the reason for her tears.

Jade walks over to Jes and hugs her, whispering something in her ear. Jes smiles faintly and nods at her before Jade exits the room. I sit on the other couch, unsure of whether or not Jesy feels comfortable around me yet.

I take a deep breath; "Jes, I'm so sorry" is all I can say.

I rest my head in my hands, shaking my head slowly before I look up to see tears forming in Jesy's eyes.

"I can't even begin to express how sorry I am. Jesy, I love you so, SO much and I'm so ashamed of how I acted today" I say, wiping a tear from my cheek. "I would never, ever hurt you and knowing that you were scared of me-" my voice breaks and I take a deep breath, trying not the break down in tears, "Knowing that you were scared me, absolutely kills me."

I can't stop the tears from falling now and I can hear Jesy sobbing too. My instincts take over and I move to sit beside Jesy, pulling her into my chest and holding her close. I breathe a sigh of relief when she doesn't pull away.

"I'm so sorry Jes" I whisper before kissing the top of her head.

We stay in this position for a few minutes, just crying and holding each other as if our lives depended on it before I pull back and cup Jesy's face gently.

Jesy's P.O.V

Jake cups my face and looks into my eyes, "I hope you know that I would never hurt you."

"I know" I nod.

"I love you so much" he says quietly before kissing my forehead.

"I love you, too" I reply and can't help but smile when I see Jake's face light up at my words.

"You do?" he asks, optimistically.

"Just because we fought doesn't mean I don't love you" I tell him.

He smiles widely. "You know what it does mean though?" he says, his smile disappearing quickly.

"What?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"We sort of need a new dining table" he grimaces.

I gasp, "What! How hard did you hit it?"

He lifts his hand up and I notice it's swollen and see a dark purple bruise along the side of his hand.

He winces as I grab his wrist to look at the damage, "Sorry!" I apologise.

"It's fine, I deserve it" he laughs lightly.

I roll my eyes at his comment.

"Babe, I think we need to go get this looked at" I say, inspecting his hand.

"Jesy, it's just bruised, it'll be fine" he tries to convince me.

"I don't care if it's just bruised, we're going to get an x-ray and that's final!" I tell him sternly.

"But, babe" he groans.

"No! I don't want to hear it" I say, trying not to laugh.

"Fine" he sighs, crossing his arms forcefully and looking like a child who didn't get their way.

I laugh, "Did you just hurt your hand?"

Jake nods and bites his lip in pain.

I can't help but continue to laugh, "I love you."

"I love you more" he smiles, kissing my lips softly.

A/N: Did you like it? It's Australia Day on Tuesday, which means this weekend is a long weekend! I'm going camping tomorrow and don't get back until Monday, so the next update will either be Monday or Tuesday :) It was supposed to be the wedding chapter but I think I'm going to write one more chapter before the wedding and it'll most likely be a super cute Jakesy one, so get excited for that haha :)