Little Body

I ran into the hospital and they showed me to Perrie's room. I took a deep breath then went in, "Pez?"

I saw a doctor getting everything ready to take her to down to the operating theatre. "Jess?", she was crying softly and I could tell she was terrified.

I walked over to her bed and took her hand, "Hey babe, Charley told me you're going to meet your baby today". I was terrified too but smiled and tried to be brave for her sake.

She nodded, "I'm only 30 weeks pregnant though, what if the baby doesn't make it?"

I brushed the hair from her face and rubbed her arm. "If something is wrong you're in the best possible place Pez. The doctors and nurses will know what to do"

She wiped her tears and took a deep breath, "I hope it's a girl so she can be best friends with Lillian".

I smiled then laughed softly, "But if it's a boy they could get married".

She laughed and nodded, "That's true".

The doctor stood at the end of the bed and looked at us. "Perrie, it's time to head down and get this little one out".

She looked at me anxiously so I kissed her forehead, "I'll be waiting outside the operating room for you three". She nodded and they wheeled her down to the operating theatre. Charley got prepped and I waited outside the room they were in. I leant against the wall and waited anxiously. A while later I heard a commotion from inside the room and two nurses wheeled an incubator through the doors. I didn't get a good look but I did see a little body wrapped in a warming blanket with a mask over its face which one of the nurses was using as a ventilator.