(4) Nerd To Famous

Nerd To Famous 4)

I finished applying my make-up and then looked over to Harry.

“Okay we can sneak out the back but we have to hurry because mum could possibly be out there.”I nodded and clipped my bow into my hair and then Harry grabbed his moms car keys and we snuck down the stairs and stopped at the end to listen.

“Mum! Her dad abuses her! We cant just let her stay over their! Think of what she goes through! I was so rude and I didn’t know what she was going through. We have to call the police!”Gemma hadn’t actually cared for me in a while but then Harry and I had to dash to the backyard after what his mom said.

“Well I’ll go check on them after what you saw there is no telling what could be going on up there.”We ran out the backyard and to the front and began to drive to the arena where the competition would be held.

“Hey Rosy, Call me and tell me how you're doing.”I nodded and headed over to Saddie who was standing by her boyfriend , Shawn.

“Wow. Shiner you got there. What happened?”Saddie said and I touched my eye.

“Fell down the stairs and hit that thingy at the end.”She gave me a suspicious look and then we three walked in the back and waited in our section for the rest of the squad.

Once we went through the cheer a couple of times it was our time to go out and everyone was freaking out.

“Rose I cant do this, I’ll mess up and ruin it all, I can’t, no , I back out.”Saddie was freaking out and I just sighed and began to do my normal thing.

“Saddie look at me.”I made her face me and looked her dead in the eye. “Saddie we have made it this far and we are NOT backing out now, you get out there and do your thing because you are awesome and I know it and so does everyone else, we can do this if we work together.”She just nodded and we all jogged onto the stage and began to do our dance, the lyrics of Call Me Maybe come through the speakers and we all began to dance to the lyrics.

"Call Me Maybe"

I threw a wish in the well,
Don't ask me, I'll never tell
I looked to you as it fell,
And now you're in my way

I'd trade my soul for a wish,
Pennies and dimes for a kiss
I wasn't looking for this,
But now you're in my way

Your stare was holdin',
Ripped jeans, skin was showin'
Hot night, wind was blowin'
Where do you think you're going, baby?

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe!

It's hard to look right
At you baby,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe!

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe!

And all the other boys,
Try to chase me,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe!

You took your time with the call,
I took no time with the fall
You gave me nothing at all,
But still, you're in my way

I beg, and borrow and steal
Have foresight and it's real
I didn't know I would feel it,
But it's in my way

Your stare was holdin',
Ripped jeans, skin was showin'
Hot night, wind was blowin'
Where you think you're going, baby?

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe!

It's hard to look right
At you baby,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe!

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe!

And all the other boys,
Try to chase me,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe!

Before you came into my life
I missed you so bad
I missed you so bad
I missed you so, so bad

Before you came into my life
I missed you so bad
And you should know that
I missed you so, so bad (bad, bad)

It's hard to look right
At you baby,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe!

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe!

And all the other boys,
Try to chase me,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe!

Before you came into my life
I missed you so bad
I missed you so bad
I missed you so, so bad

Before you came into my life
I missed you so bad
And you should know that

So call me, maybe!

We all finished strong and stayed in our positions until we were aloud off stage.

“Woodlerd High School cheer team!”The announcer said and we all walked off stage jumping because we did pretty good but then I stopped when I saw who was waiting in our section backstage.

“Rosy get over here now!”I obeyed my dad and walked over to him and my mother.

“I told you my teams needs me and Harry insisted on taking me so it’s on his part to ya know. You can’t exactly blame this all on me can you?”They sighed and just told me to come home with them which I obediently did and told Saddie to call me when they announce awards.

“You are staying in your room the rest of the week we will bring you food but nothing else, you stay in there for a week.”I just nodded my head and hopped into the back of my dad’s old truck.

As we went inside I saw that Harry and them were back and I was tempted to see if he got through but I didn’t because dad would get even more pissed at me.

“Come on!”My dad yelled and I obeyed and went straight up to my room and stripped of my cheer uniform to change into some sweat pants and a crop top. I got my phone out of my bag and shot a text to Harry.

To: Haz

I think we did pretty well but Dad came and dragged me home so I don’t know results. Sads is texting/calling later.

I put my phone on my nightstand and then laid down staring at the ceiling. Hopeful my dad wouldn’t come and hit me again but you never know that man is a whackjob. My phone buzzed from my nightstand and I grabbed it to see a text from Harry.

From: Haz

I got through! Leaving late tonight though ): I’ll miss you and Saddie I’ll probably be back soon though ): come visit now before I go?

I could see Harry in his room from my window drawing something and I shot him a quick text.

To:Haz

Dad has me on lockdown because I went to that thing, I’m mad at him but we can write each other. Go to your window.

I sent the text and grabbed my notebook and my marker then sat at my window and Harry shut his phone off and walked out of the room. I frowned to myself and felt like my heart just shattered into a million pieces. He didn’t want to talk before he leaves tonight.

I shut my curtains and went to sit on my bed and think of what has happened recently.

·         I got to spend time with Harry at the ice cream parlor. Good

·         I was mean to Harry and now he is leaving. Bad

·         My dad hit me. Bad

·         Harry hit my dad back, Good and Bad.

·         Harry got through his audition. Good

·         We did good at the competition. Good.

·         Harry’s leaving and didn’t mind to say bye to me. The worst thing of the list.

I felt that shatter in my heart again as I saw Harry go straight to his bed and not bother to even get his notebook and marker out of his drawer to write me.

I guess I would text him soon.

Little did I know  I wouldn’t talk to Harry for almost a month or so.

 <><><><><><><>

Comments?