Chapter 4 - Embarrassed

I feel so comfortable now. I got my energy. Wait! I slept. I slept in Leo’s room. I hurriedly wake up and saw everyone staring at me.

 “Oh, honey you still sleep like a baby” Mother said.

 “I think she’s fine now” Kellie said.

 I saw Leo with his luggage and I feel so embarrassed! I slept in my ex – boyfriend’s room.

 “I’m hungry” I said. Then I just went outside the room and hear them laughing. I just went out of their house and went to my house to eat some food.

I don’t eat any of the foods at the refrigerator so I just went outside and buy some ingredients. I will cook adobo; it is my favorite Filipino dish. I rode on my car to the grocery. When I arrived, I saw Tobey Maguire with his kids. “Is that you Alison?” he asked.

“Yes” I replied.

 “How are you?” He asked.

 “I’m fine” I replied. “Is them you’re kids?” I added.

 “Yeah, This is Ruby the oldest and Otis the youngest” He replied.

 “Hi, kids” I said to them.

 “Hi” the kids replied. “We’re leaving now, Jennifer is waiting” Tobey said and left.

 I could see it’s been fifteen long years since I last had my life here. I picked all the ingredients I need then paid on the counter. “Are you Alison Mortimer?” the cashier asked.

 “Yes, I am” I replied. “I’m a Filipina and I’m one of your fans!” the cashier said with a smile.

 “Can we take a picture?” the cashier asked.

 “Ok” I replied. She got her phone and went outside the counter and click. I got the stuffs and went out of the store. I rode to my car. I went to our house and I saw them.

 “Where did you go Alice?” Kellie asked.

 “At the grocery” I replied. “Why so long?” Kellie asked.

 “Because I’m popular” I replied to her and went to the kitchen. I started slicing the meat when they all went to the kitchen. “We have food at the refrigerator” Mother said. “I want to eat this” I replied giving her a poker face.

 “I’ll just cook that” Kellie said. I agreed because I’m so tired. So I went to the living room and opened the television. I want to watch Philippine Channel. Luckily there was. I’m listening to the news about me.

 “Alison Mortimer takes a break in acting and went to L.A. to visit her mother. The successful actress takes some time for her family. She stated “I want to go to my mother because it’s been fifteen years since I last went there”. The actress hasn’t confirmed when she will return.”

 I saw Leo sat beside me. “How are you?” He asked.

 “Great” I replied. “You’re happy?” he asked. “Absolutely” I replied with a smile.

 “I heard you’re not yet married” he said. “Yeah, I’m busy and I’m not ready for that commitment” I replied. “But you’re planning?” he asked. “I’m not” I replied then left him because I think Kellie’s already finished cooking. I already grabbed a plate and have some adobo.