Chapter 6 - Unexpected

As I open my eyes, I feel so embarrassed still. To forget what happened, I just went to the bathroom. I took a bath. It took me an hour before I finish. Thinking of the secret that I shouldn’t reveal or else everything in me will be gone.

 I grabbed my towel and wrap it around me. I opened the bathroom’s door and slowly walked to my bag to get some clothes. I put them on.

 When I looked at the clock, it’s already 5:30 am. So I went out and think that I should have some walk. I feel cold air passing to my skin. I feel peace while walking at the shore. As I look straight, I see a man deeply thinking something. I clear my eyes and found out that it’s Leo.

Before I look back and walk away so that we couldn’t meet, he already saw me and gave me a big smile. I returned a smile too. Then I was already going to walk away when he walk close to me.

 “It’s too early, Alice” he said.

 “Yes but I think I need to have a walk” I replied with a low voice.

 “It’s been a long time since we last saw each other, right?” he said.

 “Fifteen years” I replied.

 “What happened?” he asked.

 “I’ve been so busy with my job” I replied.

 I hear Luke Haas’ voice saying “Hi”

 He looked at me and gives a smile. “Luke, she’s Alice one of my childhood friends” Leo said to him.

 “Oh, you should be Alison Mortimer?” Luke asked me.

 “How do you know me?” I asked him.

 “You’re famous, I love your song, reaching you” he said.

 “Yes” I replied. “Can you sing some lines from it?” he requested.

 “Alright” I said. “Thanks” he replied.

"Maybe when I get drunk. I don't really sing as usual" I replied.

 Leo just stared at me and said “Can we eat our breakfast?”

 Luke and I agreed. We walked into Leo’s fabulous restaurant. I’ve never been in this kind of place since I had a quality time with some of my friends back in 2004.

 We chose to sit at the rooftop because it looks so great.

 “Can we order now?” Luke asked.

 Leo called the waiter and told him to serve the best meal. But I think it’s full of meat so..

 “Can I just go out right now because I’m not eating meat” I requested.

 “You’re not eating meat?” Luke asked.

 “You better go to the kitchen and ask the chef to cook what you want” Leo said giving me a disappointing look.

 He called up the waiter to guide me at the kitchen.

 LEO’S POV

 “So she’s the girl” Luke said giving me a weird look.

 “Exactly” I replied.

 “Do you really think she still loves you?” Luke asked me.

 “I’m not sure” I said. “Then why are you trying to make her closer with you?” Luke asked.

 “To prove that I never meant to cheat that moment when we’re still together” I replied.

 “You already made that mistake for decades and you still can’t forget it?” Luke said.

 “I believe that first love never dies” I replied.

 “Sooner or later you’ll see how bad what you’re doing” he said.

 Then I heard the footsteps of the waiter coming.

 Alison’s POV

 I’m already done eating and noticed a big rock at the seashore. So I hurriedly went down to go there. I ran as fast as I can as I reached the rock. The rock is beside a cliff.

When I reached the rock, I decide to take a seat and look at the beautiful sea. I spend minutes then hours enjoying it.

 I noticed Leo getting closer to me. He sat beside me.

 “Is there something you wished that never happened?” he asked me.

 “Yes I do” I replied and there were flashbacks of a car in a fast speed.

 “Do you have?” I asked him curiously.

 “I wished that I never cheated on you” he said with a guilty face.

 “Oh” I just said before he put his face near mine. Wait, he’s kissing me now!

 I stopped him but he was so strong that I kissed him back. Suddenly, I feel so guilty and stopped.

 “Sorry” I said to him walking away. I feel so bad about what I did. What if he’ll know my secret?