The Planning Begins

Chapter 8 - The Planning Begins

 After everyone was kicked out of Flora's family home, the gang hunted for food and shelter for the night. Flora suggested a local diner she remembered from when she was a kid. It was an experience of a lifetime for the group as they had never been to a restaurant in Aeria before. They have never seen so many fairies gather in one place laughing, smiling, and having a good time. Once they had their fill, they continued their search for shelter. Flora knew the area best and found a tree just large enough for everyone to sleep comfortably in. The door of the tree was no more, a crack in the bark stretching from the ground up had taken its place. The group entered the tree one by one. Zara and Flora had no trouble squeezing through but Kayne and Mia had some difficulty. The tree was abandoned so there were plenty of cobwebs to clear out, but it was perfect for what they needed. Since the tree was abandoned, the grass had started to grow into the tree base, making soft bedding for everyone.

"I cannot believe that the Demon King is back," Flora said.

"Well, you are almost right. His son is behind it all, he has decided to follow in his father's footsteps I guess. Who would want to conceive a baby with the exiled King anyway," Kayne joked. He had asked the fairies at the diner about what was going on to see if he could gather useful information and found out it wasn't King Dalton but rather his son causing trouble.

Mia rolled her green eyes, a big smile plastered on her face from Kayne's joke. He liked seeing her smile.

"I have a plan, but it will only work if we all do exactly as I say," Kayne explained, grabbing everyone's attention, besides Mia. She seemed to be lost in thought.

"What's the plan, big brother?" Zara asked him with a playful smile. She was sitting cross-legged, leaning forward on her arms.

Kayne smiled back at her and began to explain, "Alright, this is what I was thinking. We should take a few days to train Mia some more. She needs to be better prepared for where I plan to take us next."

"Where do you have in mind?" Flora asked as she flew from Kayne's shirt pocket to Zara's knee and took a seat.

"Demonworld," He said with his arms crossed.

With Mia still lost in thought, she didn't notice the group's outburst at Kayne's plan.

"What?! Kayne, are you insane? You know how hard it is to summon a portal to Demonworld, not to mention it's illegal. Do you want to risk being stuck there forever?" Flora said with worry and frustration. Since she would be the one to open the portal, he could understand her hesitation. She didn't want to be responsible for the chance of putting everyone in danger.

"I'm not insane. I know it will be difficult to accomplish but if any fairy could do it, it's you. You are the most talented fairy I know, Flora," He believed every word he said. She was very talented with her fairy dust and has been working on perfecting her portals in recent years. Mia was still deep in thought, making Kayne wonder if she heard anything they just said. He walked toward where she was sitting and snapped his fingers in front of her face a few times.

She flinched as she came back to reality, "Yeah, you guys are going to train me. What else?" The group stared at her expressionless, "What did I say?"

"We are planning on going to Demonworld," Kayne repeated.

"I think that's a great idea," Mia said not understanding just how dangerous the journey would be.

Kayne shook his head and continued explaining his plan, "We won't go straight to Demonworld from here. We should stop in Veentroise and Cascard to gather some resources. I know a few people who could help us out," He finished as he leaned against their makeshift house tree with his arms behind his head.