What Is Happening To Me?

Mia's POV

"Is everyone ready to go?" Kayne asked us all.

We all answered 'yes' or 'yeah'. Zara has her hair up in a cute bun with some strands of hair falling in her face, nothing new. Flora is in her small form, which I have noticed that she is doing more often since I went through the change. She's probably scared of me because I, you know, almost killed her. Kayne has his black jacket on to hide all his weapons, his blonde hair still messy. Cody stands beside me smiling this creepy smile. I'm wearing tights and a regular T-shirt and my ninja gear which are shuriken, throwing knifes, a katana strapped to my back, some smoke bombs, and my Yank blade.

"Good, we are heading to Cascard next, the werewolf world." Kayne explained.

Next to talk was Cody, "For those who have never been to the werewolf world, its a wild place. Keep you eyes open at all times for your own safety."

"Sounds like my kind of place." I say smiling. Everyone laughed but I can tell that they are nervous laughing, with the exception of Cody.

Flora gathers her energy ready to open the portal to Cascard. "Everyone join hands and do not let go." Flora looked at me while she said 'don't let go'. It wasn't my fault, the voices in my head were too much. Actually, I never did figure out what the voices were trying to explain to me. In fact, why were they even talking to me in the first place?

We all hold each others hands. The line goes from back to front, Cody, me, Zara, Kayne, and Flora. A bright green and purple glow forms in mid air, the portal. One by one we enter. Zara's grip on my hand increases, probably because under her tough façade, she is frightened. Zara goes through and then it's my turn. As I go through, the portal sucks me in like a vacuum, pulling Cody along with a hard jerk to the hand.

In Cascard everything is green and full of life. Birds and other wild animals are enjoying the forest like it's a playground. If I focus hard enough, I can hear the heartbeat of a young fawn playing with her mother. That heart is beating blood to every part of its body. Blood that can be inside me. I move faster than I thought I could ever run, straight for the fawn. Wind blowing my hair out of my face and behind me. Tree roots try to stop me but I'm way too fast for them. I can smell the fawn perfectly now without struggle. I sense the mother look up, probably listening for movement. I stop just behind a bush in eye shot of the fawn I want. I lick my lips hungry for blood, when a hand touches my shoulder.

I turn around and see Cody. "As much as I love seeing you go all blood thirsty, we can't do that here. It's wrong for vampires to attack animals in Cascard. It's wrong for vampires to attack any animal unless you're in Veentrois or the Human World."

"Well lucky me, I'm not a vampire." I lunge for the fawn. Biting it right in the throat, sending blood everywhere. My hands gripping to the small hairs on its body as I try to get as much blood as possible. The mother of the fawn starts freaking out but can't do anything because now I'm on her. The blood flowing down my neck bringing me to ease with myself.

I tilt my head back letting myself breathe after drinking so much. I look around at the bloody seen in front of me. Two dead animals lay motionless on the forest floor. Blood oozing from there torn necks. Cody standing with a small smirk on his face. Rustling coming from the  bushes behind Cody. Kayne popped out with Zara and Flora in pursuit.

"Mia, what have you done?" Kayne's voices fuzzes into my brain. Zara hiding behind him scared of the scene in front of her.

That's when it hit me, this is what I have turned into. A blood thirsty demon. Always wanting blood and hurting innocent creatures. I don't want to be this way, not like a psycho killer.