MORE Training

Chapter 9 - MORE Training

Zara pulled a dagger from her belt and swung it in the air, catching the hilt skillfully, "Good, you should be."

Mia squealed and ran in the opposite direction. She was not expecting Zara to attack her right off the bat so blatantly. She thought Zara was training her on weaponry, not martial arts. What could she use to counter? She couldn't keep running away like a weakling. Not if she wanted to get stronger. Mia remembered the belt attached to her hip and grabbed for her Yang blade. She turned abruptly, ready for her attack, and was met with Zara's blade. Sparks flew as they clashed. Mia struggled against Zara's strength causing her Yang blade to shake from the sheer force. Zara's eyes bore into Mia's; the same face that scared Mia at the battle's start was still present.

Zara perspicaciously worked her sword along Mia's blade, making Mia lose her footing and stumble to the ground. At that moment, Zara spun behind Mia and pointed her sword at her to surrender. Mia was on the ground and disarmed in seconds. She stared up at the tip of Zara's sword in shock. It took Zara seconds to disarm and dominate Mia in this fight. Flora was watching excitedly on the sidelines, careful not to get too close to the action.

"I wanted to see for myself how strong you are to gauge where we should start with your training. Apparently, we need to start with the basics. With that in mind, I will start by teaching you the different elements that weapons can have." Zara began to pace back and forth in front of Mia as she sat on the ground, ready to deliver her lecture, "There are five elements in the Worlds: fire, water, wind, earth, and spirit. In the past, there have been creatures to inherit an element as their power, but this hasn't happened in a generation at least. It is a rare phenomenon. Typically, a creature's powers, if they are nature-based, are a variation of a main element. Take your mother for example, her power was ice, a variation of the water element. Your father's power was fire and was probably the only creature in his generation to have an elemental power that isn't a variation of the main element. I want you to be aware of the five elements moving forward. Your Yang blade is part of the Yin Yang blades, my brother wields the other half. Those blades get their power from the spirit element."

"How do they get their power from spirits?" Mia asked, hoping it wasn't a stupid question.

"Out of the five elements spirit is the rarest of them all and is hard to come by."

Mia's eyes widen, "Really! That is so cool. Is there anything else I should know about the elements?"

"Just remember that weapons and armour can have a connection to the elements. It is said that the Yin and Yang blades can transform into any weapon imaginable. They can be used in unison with one another, like two katana or they can be used separately. One welder has their blade as a katana and the other as a bow and arrow. It is completely up to the welders. The blades haven't been used in battle since the war that split the Worlds apart. Who knows if it's only a legend or the truth."

"No, he didn't tell me that. He just told me what you said about the blades not being used in battle since the splitting war, or whatever you call it."

Zara wasn't impressed with Mia's lack of interest in the Worlds history, "It's called The war that split the Worlds. Thousands of years ago the Worlds lived together as one. There wasn't segregation like there is today. Creatures of all kinds lived in harmony and were living peacefully scattered throughout the lands. Vampires were living in Enchantia, werewolves lived in Venntrois, and so on. Creatures weren't bound to their worlds like today. That all changed when the smaller Worlds felt underappreciated. The main three Worlds began growing in population as creatures from all over were moving there. The main three Worlds are Veentrois, Cascard, and Demonland - back in the day, it was known as Helmond. With the main three growing in population, the lesser-known Worlds like Enchantia; the elf world, Airia; the fairy world, and Tera; the giant world became deserted. They had enough of it and banded together to take down the main three. The Silent Keepers stopped them before they could form an army to attack.