Chapter 2

All right here's chapter 2......I accidently erased it and had to rewrite it....Anywho please enjoy chapter two!! Hehe I rhymed.....

Chapter 2

"Oh Mary I forgot to introduce you to our ranch hands!" My mom said while we were eating dessert.

Pumpkin pie.

My favorite.

I looked up from my plate and watched my mom. She gestured to a boy with blondish brown hair and blue eyes.

"Mary this is Grayson Pierce."

He waved and I did the same.

"This is William Connor," She said gesturing to another boy with black hair and brown eyes.

He smirked at me and nodded.

"Howdy miss."

I rolled my eyes, making him chuckle and looked towards my mom.

"And this is Gabriel Thomas. You've already met him."

I looked at Gabriel but he didn't even acknowledge me sitting next to him. I waited for him to say something, do something, anything.

Nothing happened.

My brows furrowed in annoyance and I turned back to finish my pie. When I was done with my second piece, I got up and went to the front porch, sitting in my mother's rocking chair. I closed my eyes and rocked back and forth slowly until I heard movement. I opened my eyes and jumped slightly.

All three of the boys were outside around me. Grayson and William were sitting in front of me on the steps and Gabriel was leaning against a beam next to me. Grayson and William turned around towards me. Grayson thrust his hand towards me. I slowly reached out and shook it.

"I'm Grayson. You can call me Gray though. Either one's fine."

I nodded. William thrust a huge hand towards me and I shook his hand too.

"Call me Will, beautiful. Or if you want you can call me William. I prefer Will though."

I nodded and glanced towards Gabriel. He hadn't moved once and didn't make the effort of introducing himself either. I don't know why but I felt a little angry.

Stop it Mary. Do not let him get to you.

I sighed, rolled my eyes at myself and stood up.

"Boys come help me with this!!"

I heard my Pa yell from the back. All the boys stood up. Gray and Will nodded a goodbye and left. Gabriel turned towards me and watched me carefully. I stretched and could still feel his stare....

"What?" I asked abruptly as I turned towards him.

His brows furrowed and he shook his head. Our eyes caught and I gasped quietly. His eyes were very beautiful.....they had this soft, caring look in them....

That wasn't directed at me was it?

No of course not!

His eyes hardened and his jaw clenched as he turned around, walking towards the back. I shook my head.

What the heck?

I walked towards the barn and growled in frustration.

What is his problem?! What did I ever do to him to make him angry? I mean I just met the guy!

I walked into the barn and to the stallion's stall.

"Hi bud....so what should I call you?" I asked him as I started petting him.