Chapter 3

All right here's Chapter 3.....I don't have much to say.....so....Enjoy!! And please vote, fan and comment of course....

Chapter 3

When I walked in the house I found my mom doing dishes and I started helping. She smiled warmly at me.

"So......why did you hire ranch hands?" I asked, my curiosity getting the best of me.

She frowned.

"Are they causin' you any trouble Mary?"

I laughed.

"No I was just wondering."

She nodded thoughtfully.

"John just had surgery done."

I gasped as she continued.

"On his knee. He ripped a muscle while liftin' somethin' awfully heavy."

"I'm sorry mom. Why didn't you just ask me to come out here and help?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"I know how much you love the city Mary. It woulda been wrong to ask of you somethin' like that."

I shook my head.

"I would have came out here anyways mom."

She shrugged. After awhile of silence she asked,

"So how's your father?"

I glanced at her and said venomously,

"He's the same workaholic, money lovin' jerk."

She gasped.

"Don't talk about your father that way. He loves you. Very much."

I rolled my eyes.

"Coulda fooled me. I mean all he ever does is work! He never comes out of his office, he even sleeps in there! He doesn't even know what my favorite color is."

She sighed.

"Go and put your things in your room Mary."

I sighed and grabbed my bag off the table. I started walking toward the hallway and saw Gabriel standing there, outside the kitchen.

Did he just hear our whole conversation?

I kept walking to my room and closed the door. I looked around. Same as it was. I used to come here with my parents before they got divorced. Like a summer house.

When they got divorced my mom got this house and my dad got the house in California.

I looked at my solar powered clock and saw that it was eleven. I yawned and quickly got in a pair of sweats and a ratty t-shirt. I brushed my teeth and walked out to the outhouse.

Yeah no toilets. Outhouses.

I did my business and went into the family room. Pa was reading the newspaper, my mom was knitting and the boys were playing a card game.

"What game ya'll playin?" I asked.

I smiled. Only been here a day and I'm all ready talking like them. Gabriel turned towards me and said,

"We're playin' euchre."

"Yeah and he's kickin' our butts at it too." Will said.

I chuckled.

"How do ya play?"

Will started to explain and I watched them play, sort of.

"You wanna play Mary? We can play teams." Gray suggested.