23. I was made for loving you

Three hours later I was sitting at the airport, waiting in line to get my suitcase checked in and all that stuff. Leah was right beside me, an emotionless look on her face. It was hard to read her emotions right now, but maybe she thought the same about me because I didn't looked so nice either.

"You know that I wanted to stay with you so bad, but it's my dad and if he don't survive this I will regret it that I didn't went to him to visit him and say goodbye" I said, looking down at Leah. She looked back at me and showed me a small smile. She hugged my arm tight and stood on her toes to give me a small kiss.

"It's alright, I understand it completely. I wish I could come along with you but it's not a nice business trip or something and you're going to talk about a lot of private things I'm not supposed to be a part of".

I looked up to see that we could walk a bit further. We were almost at the desk and then it was our turn. After checking in we only had a few minutes to spend with each other before I needed to go through customs .

"I will miss you so much and we should FaceTime" Leah said, gaining back my attention. "And you have to text me at least once a day".

"I promise you".

"And you should definitely bring a key ring of the Eiffel Tower for me" she added and I smiled at her. I promised her all of that and then the line was moving and it was my turn to check in and get my seat and ticket.

"Have a nice flight" the girl at the desk said and I nodded at her and smiled.

Leah and I walked to a bench and sat down on it, my arm around her shoulders and my other hand tightly holding hers. I didn't wanted to leave her now when we were so in love with each other and everything was going to be allright. What did I do that suddenly everything was turned towards me? Fate had brought Leah and I back together, or so I thought, because now I had no idea what was going to happen. What else was waiting for us?

"I will miss you so much" I said and leaned down towards Leah our noses touching. I saw tears In Leah's eyes because she didn't wanted me to go as well.

The thing about this situation is that if it was just a business trip, I would make another appointment or discuss things over the phone. But this was about my family, my dad, who I've spent my whole youth with and now I heard that maybe in a month he wouldn't be there anymore. He wouldn't call on my birthday anymore, he wouldn't be the one I ask advise about life, he would only be a memory graved in my head.

I couldn't let him just die without all the things I wanted to say to him being said. There was so much more to say and I wanted to retrieve memories and laugh and cry with him.

This was a decision I made out of love, because I loved my dad so much even though he lived at the other side of the sea. He lived in France while I lived in England.

Even though I had to leave the love of my life behind, I knew I would regret it if I never went to France to tell my Dad goodbye.

Leah leaned in further closing the distance between our lips. It was a sweet kiss, but also filled with so much passion. My hand went up to her cheek, my thumb stroking her cheek while my other hand was still holding hers tight.

It felt like we were kissing for ten minutes when someone interrupted us. "I really don't want to interrupt but Luke, our flight is boarding in ten minutes so we really need to go".

I looked up to see my Mom standing in front of us. I was kind of shocked to see her here and why did she say 'our flight'? Did she meant that she was coming with me to see Dad.

"What do you mean with our flight?" I asked. "Even though your Dad and I divorced, we still held a good bond over the years. I'm just coming along for our own good. We need each other in this Luke and I want you to know that I'll be there for you no matter what happens. You may be mad at me or if you want to scream at me or cry, you may. I deserve it" she said.

After her last words I stood up and hugged her tight, my head leaning down onto her shoulders.

"Thank you so much for coming Mom. I may be stubborn sometimes but I know that in the end I need you the most in this whole situation" , she smiled at me and then looked down at Leah who was watching us with tears dripping down her face.

"Mom this is Leah, Leah this is my Mom Grace" I introduced them to each other and Leah stood up to shake my Mom's hand but instead my Mom engulfed her in a hug.

"You even got more prettier" my Mom said when they both had leaned back from their hug. Leah's cheeks flushed a bit red and I smiled at her, taking her hand into mine.

"FLIGHT 113 TO FRANCE IS BOARDING IN FIVE MINUTES! MAKE SURE YOU CHECKED IN AND WENT THROUGH CUSTOMS IN FIVE MINUTES!"

"That's ours Luke. You two say goodbye, Luke I wait over there" my Mom said, walking away to the customs.

I pulled Leah up from the ground, her legs tightly around my waist and she had put her head in my neck.

"I love you" she whispered into my ear and when she looked up and met my eyes it felt like it was just the two of us in here right now. Everything around us was zoned out and when she kissed me for the last time I felt a tear roll over my cheek. I didn't know if it was hers, but it could be mine as well because I really felt like crying right now.

When I had put her back onto the ground and opened my eyes, suddenly all the noise was back and it was irritating me.

"I promise I text you every day, we FaceTime and I bring you a key ring of an Eiffel Tower" I said to her and let go of her hand. She quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"Don't forget to love me" she said, tears now freely rolling down her cheeks. I felt that I was crying as well because my cheeks were wet in a matter of seconds.

"I will never forget that. I love you so much" I said and with that said, she let go of my arm and I turned around walking away.

I knew that if I went to give her another kiss, this would take so much longer and one of us had to do it.

I met my Mom and we went through customs smoothly and walked to our gate. We had to sit in front of the gate for a few more minutes because the airplane wasn't ready yet for the people to go inside.

I took that time to check my phone and read the messages I've got.

I first texted my Dad telling him that I was coming his way and Mom and me would be with him in a few hours. Then I went to the group chat with my friends and quickly described the situation I was in now and that I didn't know when I would be back and if they could do my courses around the house.

I then went to Facebook because I had a notification that Leah had tagged me into a photo. It was the photo that was taken at the zoo of us together, but it wasn't the picture where we both smiled and looked at the camera, it was a picture which was probably taken when we didn't noticed because we looked at each other, smiling and looking happy.

Along the picture was written: I was made for loving you.

I smiled and quickly saved the picture and showed it to my Mom. She started gushing about the two of us and that we were made for each other.

While she was saying all these things, I felt the tears pricking in my eyes. I couldn't hold them in anymore so I let them go and put my head in my hands not caring anymore. While my Mom hugged my side and stroked her hand affectionately over my back.

Vote & Comment what you think so far🏇

Early update because Christmasss and a small spoiler: next chapter will also be in Leah's Point of View :)

If you have a question or anything to say to me, you can send me a private message 😊