15. I like you too

15. I like you too

Two years ago

"Luke why do you always have to be so mysterious?" Leah said, trying to wiggle out of my arms to get the blindfold of her eyes. "I am not always mysterious, it's just a surprise and I want it to be special".

She sighed, finally giving up and letting me lead her further down the kind of path which was in the woods. My sixteen-year-old-self had did his best to set something up for her and I hoped she liked it or else I didn't know what else I could do to let her know I like her.

"Are you planning on killing me? Why do we have to walk this far?" Leah complained, again. Woman... "Stop complaining. You're walking slow so that's why it feels like we've been walking for a while". She sighed and walked further, my hand on the small of her back.

We turned a corner and finally I saw the things I've set up for her, for us. I let her stop in front of the blanket I've laid down on the ground.

"Wait one second" I said, while I lit a few candles, the light of it creating a romantic atmosphere around us.

I was a bit nervous about it, so I took my phone out and looked if my hair was looking right. I closed my eyes a few seconds and then I was finally ready for her to see everything.

I walked up behind her and put my hand on the blindfold. "Are you ready?". She nodded and I took off the blindfold, closing my eyes and silently praying that she liked it.

I heard her gasp and before I knew it, I was in her arms. The gesture took me off guard and I quickly put my arms around her as well, inhaling her scent. She smelled so good, I liked her taste in perfume. Some girls had those perfumes which smelled so strong and it reminded me of my grandma. Leah's perfume was girly and smelled like flowers.

"Do you like it?"

"It's perfect Luke, it really is" she said, pulling her arms back and so I did the same. I helped her to sit down on the blanket and after that I sat down next to her.

I pulled the basket in between us and offered her something to eat. I had bought sandwiches, smoothies and two pieces of apple pie. I hoped she liked it.

"It's delicious" she says, smiling at me. I noticed that she had a bit of the egg salad on her sandwich, above her lips. "You have something here" I said, wiping it away with my thumb. She blushed and quickly looked away, eating the other half of her sandwich.

We sat there for like three hours, we saw the sun set and at this moment we lay next to each other watching the dark sky with a few stars covering it. I never really focused on the sky when it was dark outside, but now that we were laying here it was really beautiful. Leah had told me that she had done this before with her friends and she couldn't believe that I've never done this before.

I leaned on my elbows and watched her looking at the sky. She is even more beautiful than the sky so when I had the chance to look at her, I just did it and I didn't care if she caught me looking because then she would blush and that's what I also liked about her.

"It's so weird how things can change so fast" she suddenly said, I hadn't noticed that she was sitting the same way as I was and she was really close.

"What do you mean?". "Well we're here now for almost a week and I don't know what we are or if there is even a we" she said, stuttering a bit. "Do you want that?" I asked, trying to sound normal because on the inside my heart was almost beating out of my chest.

"I think I like you" she said and now I felt like I had to faint. No don't faint. Don't do it. Act normal. Breathe in, breathe out.

Realizing that she was waiting for my reply which I couldn't form because I had no idea what to say I did the one thing that came up in my mind. I kissed her.

She immediately kissed me back, slowly laying down with me hovering over her. We started kissing slowly, but when she bit my lip I couldn't hold myself in anymore and pulled her up so we could make out while sitting. My back against a tree and she was sitting on my lap.

Unfortunately our make out session was disturbed by the weather. Thick drops of water poured down on us and we both stood up, packing all our stuff and running to where we came from. After five minutes we finally arrived at our cabins.

No one of our friends was around so I pulled her inside mine. I tossed her one of my sweaters and turned around when she was changing into it.

"Thanks" she said, smiling shyly. "About what you said earlier" I said, and she nodded for me to continue.

"I like you too".

Vote & Comment what you think so far🌚