Part 7: Blood Related

A/N: Don't be a silent reader! I love comments and votes! <3

The areas that surrounded the room Madeline was captive in, were pummeled with the sounds of high-pitched screams given by the young psycho. The four workers that were carrying her had managed to pin her down onto a hospital bed, despite her screeching and kicking.

"Madeline! Everything is going to be alright!" Dr. Crawford suddenly appeared in the room, holding something behind her back. Madeline calmed a second, before continuing to tear at the men's' hands that were holding her tightly.

"No need to kick and scream! You're going to be fine! Peter!" The Doctor turned around as she called the young boy's name. Peter also appeared and as soon as Madeline saw him, she fell back into the bed, her tantrum calming instantly.

"She likes you." Dr. Crawford smiled. Peter approached the bed and smiled at Madeline.

"I'm not sure it's the liking part. I think it's just the fact that she still thinks I'm dead." 

The Doctor laughed and handed Peter a thick syringe containing a clear liquid. The boy studied it a few second before looking up at Madeline. She glanced at the syringe and instantly began to cry out and try to escape the men's grasps who wouldn't let her go.

"Don't worry, Madds. When you wake up, I'll explain everything. Peter instantly grabbed one of Madeline's arms, thrusting the syringe into her skin near her shoulder. Madeline gasped at first, but then she relaxed, her eyes rolling back into her head as sleepiness overcame her. She didn't fight it and the men could eventually let her go, letting her drift away into blackness, her crazed mind temporarily eased.
*
*
*
Madeline shifted slightly and groaned. Her head throbbed and a slight ringing could be heard inside her brain. She felt uneasy. She gasped and shot her eyes open, sitting up in her bed. She looked around to see she was back in the room she was just in for her busted head. All she could remember was the feeling of being lost... and all nightmares coming true.

"Peter?" She instantly saw the tall boy near her.

"Madds." He walked over and sat down on the edge of her bed. "It's all my fault." He said suddenly. Madeline's mind was swirling in pain but she just stared at Peter in denial of his... aliveness.

"What is?" She murmured.

"This." The thin boy pointed to the side of his brain.

"The chip?"

"Yes. I messed it up." Peter shook his head and looked down.

"Woah. No. Okay, listen I don't care. I don't care about the chip." Madeline sat up more on her bed so she could look Peter straight on.

"Well you should! You're dying from it!" He laughed nervously.

"Life was never that great anyway. All I want to know is, how the hell are you alive?" Madeline said firmly.

"Does that really matter?" Peter grabbed Madeline's hand, causing her to flinch, but she didn't pull away.

"A little bit? You want to tell me what's going on?" She demanded. "And maybe before I get another malfunction tantrum?"

Peter stared at his old friend sadly.

"Janson and his team saved me. They brought me back."

"Why?" Madeline asked forcefully. Peter cleared his throat and looked down.

"Long story."

"I got the rest of the week to live." Madeline snapped.

"I know you're suspicious, I can tell by your violent tone." Peter cracked a small smile.

"Don't be. It's nothing weird. I'm just happy to be with you again." He squeezed Madeline's hand.

"I'm glad to see you Peter. Honestly, it has shocked me greatly, but I am happy to see you." She said. "I need you to tell me how you got here though."

Peter laughed and looked to the side.

"Alright." He smiled. "You've always been one that has to know everything that's going on at all times." Madeline just nodded in response. There were a few seconds of silence before Peter spoke again.

"Madeline, Janson is my father."