Chapter 3

I make my way to Spanish class and I see Michael there. Relief rushes over me as I take a seat next to him. His back is turned to me and I see him talking to Calum and some other boy. I debate whether to just stay where I am or to join the conversation. Then I make eye contact with Calum and he motions for me to come over there. Michael whips his head around to see me as I walk over there. “How was English?” Calum asks as I find my place in the circle. “Not to terribly horrible. I met Ashton and Violet.” I say casually. Michael laughs and the other two suppress their laughter. “Were they able to have a decent conversation with you between make out sessions?” Michael says through his laughter. Wow, I didn’t realize they were that kind of couple. “Yes actually” I say in a sort of proud voice. They seemed pretty nice to me. “Wow, you must have been somebody worth talking to.” Michael says as he fixes his hair. “Oh hey Kaylee this is Luke” Calum says noticing that we haven’t met. He smiles up at me and I smile back. He seems a bit shyer than the others. “So are we on for today after school?” Calum asked Luke. “Yeah I guess so, but we might have to stop at the store. We are all out of chicken nuggets.” Michael and Calum gasped in fake despair. “I know. I know.” Luke said trying to hush them up before they made a scene. They all laughed and even I joined in a little. I’m curious as to what they are doing after school but it is none of my business so I decided not to ask. Just then the bell rang and we all made our way to our seats. They were so loud the whole time I’m surprised the teacher didn’t get on to them. After class I gathered up my books and made my way over to them. “Join us for lunch?” Michael asked as they started walking towards the door. “Sounds good to me” I say as I follow behind them.