Chapter 6

She drove us to the nearest frozen yogurt place and we hopped out of her car. As we walk in I see Ashton and Violet sharing a frozen yogurt. “Oh look there is Ashton!” she says excitedly to me. “Hey Ash!” she calls over to him and he looks up and smiles. We walk over to them and I start to feel pretty self-conscious in my yoga pants. “Hey Gracie what’s up?” he asks looking up at us. I glance over at Violet and she looks kind of mad that we interrupted her date but she quickly puts on a polite smile. “Kaylee and I just came here to get some yogurt after yoga class.” She explains cheerfully. “Yoga. yogurt.” Ashton laughs. I can’t help but smile at his amusement. “Grow up Ashton” Violet says smacking him lightly on the arm. “Well it was nice running into you” Grace says sensing a bad vibe from Violet. “Nice to see you to. See you in class tomorrow Kaylee” he says as we start to walk away. I send a wave back to Ashton and don’t even bother looking at Violet. She doesn’t seem like my kind of person. Grace and I find a table and make our way over to the frozen yogurt machines. She gets Mango and I get chocolate chip cookie dough. We pay and sit down at our seats. I glance over to where Ashton and Violet were and apparently they had left. I let Grace try a bit of mine and she let me try some of hers. I’m glad to have a friend like her. She is always so relaxed and friendly to everybody. “So what do you want to do after this?” Grace asks as she scoops up some of her frozen yogurt into her spoon. “I’m up for almost anything. What time is it?” I ask remembering that tonight is a school night. “Um about five” she says glancing down at her phone. “Well I best be home at six for dinner so we have about an hour to kill” I say finishing off my frozen yogurt. I must have been hungry. “I’m cool with whatever honestly” she replies before putting her last spoonful into her mouth. I send a quick text to my mom asking what’s for dinner before looking up at Grace. “Do you want to just come over to my house and hang for a bit?” I ask knowing that it is a pretty lame suggestion. “Sure. Maybe we can knock out some homework too. It always goes quicker when somebody else does half of it” she says before we both start laughing.