Chapter 5

I get home and change out of my faded skinny jeans, white tank top and bright multicolored scarf and flats into my black yoga pants with the pink band, my pink sports bra and an oversized tank that I made from one of my brother’s old band shirts. I slip a pair of black flip flops on, grab my yoga mat and head to the gym. Just as I park Grace pulls in right next to me. We have had yoga classes together all summer and have become pretty good friends. We walk into the gym together and place our mats next to each other and get situated just before class starts. “It’s kind of nice having yoga right after school. It relaxes you after school on a Monday” I say after we leave class. “Oh yeah speaking of school, I didn’t see you anywhere today.” She says as we cross the parking lot. “I guess we don’t have any classes together” I say just now realizing it. “So it is safe to say that you found some friends and didn’t end up sitting by yourself?” she asks knowing that I would have found her and sat with her if I had made no friends. “Yeah, I met Michael, Luke, Calum, Ashton, and Violet” I say trying to remember everybody. “Hey that’s my cousin!” she says excitedly. “Which one?” I ask seeing that I had named a number of people. “Ashton. He is my mother’s sister’s kid” she explains. “That’s pretty cool. We didn’t talk much but he seemed alright.” I said as we arrived at our cars. “Hey do you want to hang out and grab some frozen yogurt or something?” she asked me. “I’m game. Do we want to drive separately or together?” I asked seeing that we both had our cars. “We could both go in my car if you don’t mind. It will save you some gas and then I can just drop you back here when we are done.” She suggests. I place my yoga mat in my car and hop into the front seat of her car. Her family has a good bit of money so she has a nicer car than me, but she isn’t showy about it or anything.