Chapter 10 - Party

Everyone's acting so tense after the dance, and I'm seriously not liking it. I mean like, yes, the whole thing was ruined, but at least all of us are alright... Except Carter. He got burned a bit. And he's still in the hospital. We're still trying to find the culprit as if we're a group of detectives. I used to love being a detective when I was little. And I also love Sherlock Holmes. I'm obsessed with it like Shawn and his muffins. The one who became most gloomy and grey is Taylor. He's quiet when eating lunch and usually he's the loudest, probably because he's involved in this accident or something. I've never seen him so depressed...but then again I don't know him that well. I think I only said one sentence to Taylor last year. It was "Do you have a pencil I can borrow?" Haha I know.

Aaron was trying so hard to make us cheer up, but that wasn't working.  "Guys I have a party in my house this weekend. And the whole grade is coming. It's gonna be fun!" Yay. Cool.

Saturday, 7 pm

I chose my outfit which is a short blue dress and Shawn came to pick me up. He's such a gentleman. We haven't told his friends because I'm sure Taylor was going to tell the whole school. And Chloe is going to start a rumor. We arrived at 7:30 and people are already in there. "Hey Shawmila!" Matt screamed. I hate it when they say shawmila. Can't they just say our real names? "Hi Matt." Shawn said. "Leggo. Have fun!" Matt disappeared into the crowd and a little later Shawn got a little tipsy. "Hey Camz." Shawn said with his eyes half open. "Shawn you're drunk. Come on let's go. I'll drive."
"Nah nah nah! I don't wanna leave! I'm having so much fun here! Ooooooohhhhhhh look, Nash is trying to dance again! Hahahahahahaha!" With that, he ran away from me. Shit.

Well, I'm gonna go find him. He's not that hard to find, since he's 6'2. "Hey Camila," a deep voice said, who put his arm around my shoulder. "Hi Cameron. Do you know where Shawn is?"

"No. And it doesn't matter." he said. Another drunk guy. Suddenly, he leaned to my face and our lips made contact. Goddammit. Now It'll look like I cheated on my boyfriend. "OMG, Camila! Why are you making out with Cameron? Don't you already have a boyfriend? You're such a slut. Shawn deserves a much better girl like me." Chloe screamed. Of course, who else? Everyone stopped and turned their head to stare at the scene. Oh, there's Shawn. A good time to find him (note the sarcasm).

--SHAWN--
Hey, why did the music stop? That's one of my favorite songs! Then all the guys turned to look at one direction. Oh hell no. Why do I see Cameron's arm on Mila's shoulder? And Cameron has the same colored red as Camila's lipstick smudges around his mouth. I knew it was the same color. I have a good eyesight because I eat apples. I think it's my cue to go between them. But first, lemme drink another one. Awesome.

--CAMILA--
I ran away from everyone, away from the party. It was suppose to lift my spirit, but it just lowers it. Now on Monday I'll have to face everyone as Camila Cabello the girl who cheated on her boyfriend. Great. I didn't know where I was running. I just...ran. Before I know it, I was standing in front of my door. Without hesitation, I unlocked it and I see Shawn on the couch with his arms folded. How did he get here before me? "We need to talk." Of course. The cliché "we need to talk".
"S-Sure." I shuddered. Why though? I did nothing wrong, and I'm not guilty. I followed Shawn upstairs and he closed the door behind him. "What did you do back there? Tell me the truth."

"Cameron was drunk like you and he put his arm around me and he kissed me." I said easily. "Really?"

"Really."

"Alright. Bye." He walked out, not quite convinced. I didn't want to think more so I did my night routine and went to bed.

Shawn didn't talk much to me the following week in school. He's clearly mad and doesn't believe the truth I told him. WHY WON'T HE JUST BELIEVE ME? And he glares at me whenever I talk to another guy. It's annoying but I gotta admit it's kinda, just tiny bit cute.