Chapter 30 - I Never Loved You

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me to the river bank, and saw a man sitting near the water, just staring at the other side of the river. "Jacob why didn't you come to school?" I worriedly asked.

He turned around with bloodshot eyes and a beer can. "Hey Mila." He whispered, while smiling sadly. "What happened?"
"Um, well, I guess you and Shawn are on good terms now." He showed the screen of his phone.

It was the picture in the café. No wonder what that flick was all about now. "Listen Jacob -"
Jacob stood up without a word, and started walking away. Knowing exactly what to do, I grabbed his wrist. "I told you to listen!"

"Can you stop acting like I cheated on you? I've already experienced it once and it doesn't feel fucking good at all!" I screamed.

"Camila don't lie to me." He said firmly. "Please, Mila, tell me the truth. It will be easier for both of us!" He was now facing me, with little space between us. "Shawn was right that day. I should have broken up with you long ago." Jacob stomped away with those harsh words swimming in my head.

Shawn was right

I should have broken up with you.

Was he trying to say that I was a slut?

"Yeah Jacob, you were right. In fact, I never loved you. I had always loved Shawn." I shouted. It was half true, I guess. I did like him, but was never sure if I really loved him. He heard my words and decided to pick up his pace.

--JACOB--
No.

She's joking, right?

Camila still loves me, right?

The questions that ran through my head was killing me after what she said to me. "I had always loved Shawn." Was I just a replacement? To fill in for Shawn's absence for a few months? Of course I was. I will always be a replacement. No matter what I do, he'll always be more loved. Not just by people, also by Camila. She only needed a hand to hold, an arm to link, and lips to put her lips on, because Shawn couldn't do that while he was away. I'm not important to her. She said it herself, she doesn't love me. At all.

Heartbroken, I ran away. Away from the truth, away from Camila. Tears from the edge of my eye rolled down my face as the rain cried along with me. I didn't know which blurred my vision, my tears or the rain, but that wasn't important. A car was rushing to my left, and me with my blurred eyes, didn't know if the lights were the stars or the car -

My head hit the concrete floor, causing everything in front of my eyes turning to endless darkness.