Chapter 9 - Normani's Story

They'll be okay, don't worry. They'll be okay, don't worry. They'll be okay, don't worry. The same five words kept repeating themselves in my head, and I only hoped that these are all truths. The thought of them getting hurt or worse, dead, sent me the worst shivers down my spine. "I'm sure they're fine," Taylor said, "They're all pretty hardcore badasses." I smiled lightly at his weird choice of words. It's kinda funny, I guess.

I was at Taylor's house, which is about 4 or 5 times the size of mine. It had 6 bedrooms, bathroom in every one of them, 4 stories, a gigantic kitchen, a big dining table, a game room, a living room, and a garden on top. Taylor slept in room 5, Shawn got 6 and I got 4, because if we need any help with the house he can help us, according to his dad. His dad is really nice. I told mama I was staying at Dinah's house for the night.

Dinah.

I wonder where she is.

I lied on the comfortable bed, just thinking. I tried really hard thinking but my brain will explode if it tried to think anymore , so I closed my eyes...

I left Taylor's house, walking to an unfamiliar path I've never been to before. The path turned out to be a path to a graveyard. I see mama, papa and all the girls' parents wearing black. No. It's a dream. I know it is. But for some reason I couldn't, and didn't want to wake up.

We attended the funerals, and all of us shed tears, and I cried the most. They're like sisters to me. I don't know how I can't live without them by my side. They are basically my everything. I walked away from all the people, back to the road. Then I see Shawn...? Being forced into a police car? This dream is so messed up. "Camila I'm sorry!" He said to me. The car drove away. Did he do anything? DID HE KILL THEM?

I sat up instantly, and found myself still in my bed, panting. I gasped when I saw Shawn standing in front of me. "Mila you ok? You were shaking really badly."
"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bad dream." I said. I don't wanna go into the details, "By the way, why are you standing here? I thought your room is the one next to Taylor's."

--SHAWN--
Oh no. She asked. I KNEW she would. Well, I was wondering around the halls and I was rewinding my day. That's what I always do when I can't sleep well, even after brushing my teeth. Then I remembered that Camila hasn't answer my question yet. So I went to her room, and found her shaking, and then she woke up and I'm here. I guess I just have to tell her the truth. "I remembered you haven't answer my question yet."
"Well, yes. Ok you got your answer. Now go get some rest. We're all really tired. Good night." She impatiently answered my question to get me out of her room.

--CAMILA--
I slept good after the dream. Then I woke up at I think around 9AM? I have no idea. But I got up, took a quick shower and did my makeup, then went downstairs. There is a long rectangular table, placed horizontally from the stairs. All the people are there. Mr Caniff sits on the far right, Mrs Caniff sits opposite him, Shawn sits near Mrs Caniff, facing me and Taylor next to Shawn. I sat myself opposite Shawn and we are in silence, often broken by awkward conversations.

Shawn walked me home after we finished breakfast. Taylor wanted us to stay with I him to play Xbox but I rejected him. You don't really wanna play against him. If you lose, he teases you non-stop. If you win, he would be very pissed off and is probably not gonna talk to you. I unlocked my door, and see mama in front of me, "Mija, your friend is upstairs in your room, ok? Now me and papa are going out. Bye mija!" She waved me goodbye and papa and mama closed the door. What friend was she talking about?

I sprinted upstairs to my room and see Normani sitting on my bed. "Normani! Oh my gosh are you ok?" We hugged. I'm so glad I found one of them. And now I can finally know what happened yesterday. "Yeah." She replied simply. "What happened last night? Tell me everything."

"Ok. But promise you won't freak out. I can't tell my story properly with you screaming all the time."

"I promise."

"Alright. Here we go. So I was just dancing with Cameron - " CAMERON? "Why didn't you tell me you were going with him?" That's not fair. They know my date and I don't know theirs?

"Shush. So I was having fun near the food table, then I see a light at the stage. I thought it was just a cool light so I didn't bother. But then people started screaming over there and it was really loud and I walked over there to see what's going on. The crowd made a natural circle around the stage and Taylor pushed everyone out of the way and went off the stage."

"I tried to look at the other person, cause chances are Taylor was fighting with another dude. But the light or should I say, flame became more dangerous and I just knew what to do. I made my way out like the other people did as fast as I can. I got a few wounds but that was it. And now I'm here."

"You didn't see Lauren with him?"
"No. None of them. And where were you? You missed the part where Nash dances. He's honestly the worst dancer."

"Well, Shawn dragged me out of there after we finished singing, and he asked me to be his girlfriend." I said really quickly. "Really? Did you say yes?"
"I did but that was after the party. I was just about to answer but then I saw flames and the whole thing was ruined. I did say yes though."

"Awwwww! Shawn and Camila, sitting in a tree - " Normani sang. "You're so immature." I snapped. "Well, it's about time you move on Asshole Austin." Haha. Asshole Austin is a nickname Lauren created ever since Austin broke up with me.