Chapter 24 - He's Back

First of September, the day when I would see him again, had finally arrived. There were numerous rumors saying that he was with Alessia Cara, Lauren his friend, and Hailey Steinfield. But I think he's still single. Why would he be single? He's a very good looking man but he doesn't have a girlfriend.

I was chatting to Mani in the hallway and that's when he came. God, he changed so much. He got the tattoo design he told me about long ago. And he went all out trying to look gangster. Snapback on his head covering his brown hair, gold chains hanging by his neck, this is too different from the Shawn I once knew. He turned his head slightly to glance at me, but it only lasted for a fraction of a second and he looked in front of him again. Just when I picked up my courage and began walking towards him, Jacob caught up with me. He grabbed m by my right shoulder, "Hey babe." He greeted. "Hey." I put on a tight smile. "Where were you going? That's not the way for English."
"Oh really? I thought there was a schedule change-" I was cut off. "Hi Camila!"

Shawn walked towards me with his hands in his jeans pockets. "Sup Shawn." I crossed my arms over my chest, I'm still a bit mad at him. "So, long time no see." He smirked. It wasn't a kind one like the old Shawn. "Yeah. Bye, me and my boyfriend gotta head for English." I linked arms with Jacob and stepped away from Shawn. "Boyfriend? How many boyfriends have you had during these five months? I'm guessing 5? 7? Bro you better be careful, she could be cheating right now." Jacob ignored his lies, which I'm happy of. I kept walking like I didn't hear his harsh words. "Shawn, I think you should go to class, you'll be late." I gritted through my teeth.
"Eh, I never feel like going to history anyways." He went the other direction, the direction to the exit. He kicked the trash can on his way out for fun.

The old Shawn was gone, and wasn't coming back anytime soon.