Chapter 5- My Brilliant Ideas

After Jan-Dan dropped me off I waved him good-bye, "See you at school!"

But of course he didn't answer and just drove off, he's so polite. The baldness must be getting to his head. Haha, baldness, head.

Maybe he was just a bit mad that I fell asleep in his car, I told him my address first though. It's not like he had to find my house on his own.

But hey, can't blame me for getting tired.

I was glad that it wasn't raining anymore, because I was tired and I didn't feel like running up to the front door. Plus, I'm all dry now so no need to change my clothes either.

I pulled my keys out of my pocket and un-locked the door, stepping inside. I closed the door behind me and shouted, "I'm home!"

"I'm in the kitchen, honey!" My mom called back.

I walked into the living room, tossing my back-pack on the couch and then I made my way to the kitchen.

My mom was busy baking something, whatever she was baking sure smelled good.

"Why're you so late today?" My mom asked.

I couldn't tell her that I was close to being kidnapped, she'll have a zoo. So, I chose a safer option.

"I got caught in the rain, all the water... Gosh, you should've seen it." I told her like it was the worse scenario ever.

She rolled her eyes at me but accepted my answer, that was a relief.

I opened the freezer and pulled out a tub of ice-cream, closing the freezer afterwards, "So, what're you making?"

I placed the tub of ice-cream on the counter as my mom answered, "Cookies."

I placed a bowl on the counter and opened the tub of ice-cream, putting its lid aside, "Cookies? What for?"

My mom rarely baked cookies for us. Her cookies rock, but she rarely bakes them. Usually on special occasions, but I don't recall it being my birthday today. Or anyone else's for that matter, so what was the occasion? Maybe she got herself a new handbag and was celebrating for it.

Sure sounds like my mom, alright.

I scooped some ice-cream into the bowl, as my mom pulled out the tray of freshly baked cookies. I looked up and my mouth almost flooded with drool at the sight. Aw man, chocolate chip.

She placed the tray at the counter in front of me, and I stared at them, "They're for the people who just moved in,"

My head snapped up at that, "What? Why?"

She placed her mittens back in their place and turned to me, "Well, I saw that they have a couple of kids of your age. So I thought maybe you could use some friends."

I stared at her in horror, no... she wasn't serious.

She wanted me to deliver my favorite chocolate chip cookies to someone who I didn't even know? Someone who could just be another psychopath waiting for people to visit him so he could chop them off with his axe?

As if she had been reading my thoughts, she rolled her eyes, "Stop looking at me like that. What's the big deal?"

"Big deal?! How far is this house, exactly?" I asked, skeptically.

She seemed to think about it, "Hm, not that far, just across the street... Six houses to your right."

I think I died and came back to life when I heard that, "What?!" I shrieked.