Chapter 9- Apparently, I'm Better Than TV

The day went by and the guilt inside me kept taunting me, I was even desperate enough to skip school, but I knew that my parents wouldn't appreciate that.

As I walked towards the cafeteria, I wondered if anyone knew that I was the one who was the cause of Gal's broken bones. I grimaced at the thought, I hope that wasn't the case.

I entered the cafeteria with a deep breath, and surveyed my surroundings, everyone was talking to each other casually. As if the incident earlier hadn't happened at all, relief washed over me. I was glad that they forgot all about it. Unless we would've had a problem here.

"Jess, over here!" A feminine voice called out, I was pretty sure that it was Tara.

I looked around the cafeteria until I spotted her at a table, beaming and waving me over. I grinned as I made my way towards her.

My grin faltered slightly as I saw a few other people sitting there. Aw man, I hope they don't recognize me.

I took my seat beside Tara and ducked my head, hoping that no one saw my face. I saw the empty tray in front of me and used it as a shield, blocking my face from the other's view.

Tara furrowed her eyebrows at me, "What're you doing?" And, for some reason, she whispered.

I glanced at the tray in my hands, "Do you think they would recognize me?"

"Why would they recognize you?" Then her eyes narrowed suspiciously, "Are you famous?"

I scrunched up my nose, "No,"

Her eyes widened, "Wanted?"

I shook my head, "No,"

She shrugged nonchalantly, "Then I don't see what's the problem," She took a bite out of her apple.

"You remember what happened earlier!" I hissed.

Her eyebrows furrowed, then realization dawned on her, "Oh..."

I rolled my eyes at her, "Yeah, now you see?"

"Well, no one really knows you did it."

My eyes widened, "You didn't tell anyone?"

She shook her head, "No, why would I? It's not something to gossip about,"

I grinned, "You're the best,"

She laughed lightly, "Yeah, I know." Then she added, "You can pull the tray down now,"

I let out a breath and nodded, then reluctantly pulled the tray down. I looked up and scanned the faces before me, there were two boys and three girls, they were all giving me weird looks. Well, accept for one dork.

"Hey, Jess." He winked at me.

I grinned, "Keith, you're in my school?"

He smirked and leaned back in his chair, folding his arms behind his head, "I thought I made that obvious,"

I rolled my eyes at him and was about to reply, when a girl at the table piped in, "You know him?"

I smirked and repeated Keith's words, "I thought I made that obvious,"

Keith's smirk widened, "Stealing my words now?" I knew he was referring to the day I barged in his house. Ah, good times.

I snorted, "Please, it's not like 'your words' have your name on them," The guy beside Keith laughed.