Chapter 27- Too Bad, So Sad

I heard her sigh, "Yeah, I know you hate it when people are upset with you--" I scoffed, "--But, I hate it when people don't listen to me, and you know it."

I blinked, "So, you're mad at me because I didn't listen to you?"

"Yes, and I know you think it's stupid but... you know how I am,"

I wrinkled my nose, "Come on, Janice. You know me, I don't really intend to offend anyone, it just happens. Are you really going to stay upset with me when I really, really need your help?"

She was silent for a while, and I waited for her answer, nibbling on my bottom lip. Come on, Janice, you have to forgive me.

I heard her sigh in defeat, "Fine,"

"Yay!" I cheered.

"But, we're not going to that scary stage-dude's house, okay? He seriously reminded me of some rabid wolf,"

I scoffed, "Oh please, he's not that scary," Oh wow, I could almost hear the applause for that lie.

"You've got to be kidding me. Jess, he looked like he wanted to throw you into a volcano and perform a tribal dance afterwards,"

I raised my eyebrows, "Whoa, where did that come from? Too much TV?"

"No," I snorted at that, "Well, whatever. What do you need my help with?"

A smirk formed on my lips, "Well..."

"Jess, please tell me whatever it is you're planning isn't too rash?"

I scoffed, "Rash? Pfft, no. But maybe it'll give you a rash," I laughed at my joke.

"I'm dying," She said, drily, "But seriously, Jess? What're you planning?"

I popped my lips, "Hm, I was thinking that maybe we could go over to his house and... I don't know? Rock and roll?"

"What?! Are you out of your mind? I'm not going to help you with that!"

I groaned, "Janice, come on, you've got to help me. I'm not good with this apologizing stuff,"

"Well, if you're not good at it, then other people are. You just had to ask,"

I rolled my eyes, "So what? You're the queen of apologizing?"

"Fortunately for you, I am. Now, listen closely..."

I had a pretty bad feeling about this.

---

The girls gave me a shove, and Belle grunted, "Come on, Jess, just go!"

We were in front of biker-dude's house, the girls kept trying to get me up on the porch but I refused to move an inch closer to my death.

I wasn't going to go through with Janice's apologizing plan, I still thought that my plan was better but these girls were tricky and they managed to bring me to the last place I wanted to be.

Were they really my friends? I have my doubts now.

I dug my heels to the ground, "Nope, nah-uh, you guys can't be serious. I'm not going to do this,"

Who knew? Maybe when the door would open, biker-dude on all fours, along-side his dog-- Slobber might pounce on me and rip me to shreds with their bare teeth and a lot of dog drool.

I shuddered in horror and I wouldn't get to wash it off. 'Cause then they would resort to cannibalism.

Molly huffed, "Jess, do you want to make up with your friends or not?" Yes, I did. But I'd like to do it before I died.