Chapter 10- I Can Be Compared To Einstein, Just The Brains Though

Chapter 10- I Can Be Compared To Einstein, Just The Brains Though

I closed the door behind me as soon as we had entered, Tara still looked like we were committing a crime and I was searching the room for the required equipment. If I had to do this, I had to be quick.

"What are you doing?" Tara asked with wide eyes, clearly she was panicking.

"I'm looking for something," I replied, walking around the room and looking for some useful things.

"I-Isn't this robbery?"

I opened a drawer and saw a some sort of surgical equipment inside, "It's not robbery if we return it, we're just borrowing," I pulled out two surgical masks and two stethoscopes, tossing a stethoscope and surgical mask to her and closing the drawer.

She caught it, and looked at me incredulously, "Are you serious?"

I snorted, "I've never been more serious in my life," I walked over to a door in the corner of the room, and opened it. I peeked inside and realized that it was a closet, some white coats were hanging in there.

"We're going to sneak in?"

I pulled out two coats and shut the door, looking at Tara, who was on the verge of a heart attack, "Relax, Tar. No one would even notice," I tossed the coat to her and she caught it.

I started to put on my coat and saw Tara shake her head, "This is a really, really bad idea. Why don't we just wait until Kevin gets home?"

I hung the stethoscope around my neck, giving her a grin, "This is the best idea I've ever had! You can't expect me to back out on it," She still looked really paranoid, so I decided to assure her, "Come on, Tar. It will be fun, and we won't get caught, I promise. Plus, I don't think I can wait that long,"

She stared at the items in her hand, then reluctantly, she pulled on her coat. I grinned while she muttered, "If we go to jail, I'm innocent," She hung the stethoscope around her neck.

I rolled my eyes at her, "You're so melodramatic, Tar." I wore the surgical mask and she did the same, I winked at her, "We'll be invisible," My voice came out muffled.

Tar sighed, "I hope so,"

We exited the room and walked up to the front desk, I was smirking behind the mask. This would be as easy as pie.

But then, I remembered something. I pulled on Tar's arm to make her stop, she turned to look at me and I asked, "What's Kevin's last name?"

"Um... Rivers?" She answered, uncertainly.

I nodded and started walking again, we reached the front desk and the lady looked up at us, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

"May I help you, um... doctors?" She asked, eyeing us suspiciously.

"We're looking for Kevin Rivers room, we got an emergency call," I answered casually.

Her eyes narrowed in suspicion, "But, the patient has already been attended to,"

Uh-oh, got to think fast.

I narrowed my eyes at her, "Are you insinuating that I'm lying?"

She shook her head at me, "No, I was just--"

I cut her off, "--Wasting my time because the patient's life might be at risk? Do you not realize the importance of this situation?" I feigned anger.