Chapter 19- It's All His Fault

We finally made it to Keith's house, and my legs had officially died. RIP, legs, RIP. We had good times.

Actually I considered this a murder, because if it weren't for Gal and biker-dude's laziness, my legs would've been alive and running. But no, they couldn't carry me to Keith's house.

They said it was just a few minutes away, really? If it was, why couldn't they just carry me!

I dropped on the ground, I couldn't take it anymore.

Everyone hovered over me, looking at me in surprise and I closed my eyes, ignoring them.

"Um, Jess? Why're you lying on the ground?" Keith asked, uncertainly.

"Isn't it obvious? Because I'm tired," I answered.

I heard him sigh, "Come on, Jess. Get up, people are looking at you weirdly,"

I opened my eyes and looked at the street, people were looking at me weirdly. What was I? An antique?

"What are you looking at? Move on with your lives, or get one!" I shouted at them.

They looked taken aback for a moment, before they scurried off. I rolled my eyes at them and folded my hands behind my head, settling one leg over the other.

Tar laughed out loud, "I can't believe you just said that!"

"What? They were looking at me weirdly," I smirked at Keith as I repeated his words, he rolled his eyes at me.

"I have a curfew guys, let's get this thing going..." Francine muttered.

I nodded, holding out my hand, "Someone pick me up,"

Biker-dude scowled but reached out for my hand, but it was Keith who quickly pulled me up. I was surprised by the sudden movement and blinked up at him.

He dropped my hand and shot biker-dude a look which I was sure looked something like a glare. I froze for a moment, was Keith... jealous? My heart started pounding in my chest but I shook the thoughts away.

No, no, no... no jealousy here! Calm down, Jess.

Trying to avoid the awkward situation, I linked my arms through France and Tar's, grinning nervously, "Let's go!"

France and Tar didn't notice the edge in my tone and laughed, skipping away with me. Gal followed us inside, but biker-dude and Keith stayed behind.

I was curious about it, but didn't question them because something else was running on my mind.

Dang, where's the popcorn?

---

I was close to passing out, or worse, commit suicide. For the past hundred years, Francine and Tar have been going on and on about the latest trends. And, Gal? He just couldn't take a break from his incessant cursing at his phone.

I was expecting the door to burst open any second, the cops barging in and arresting everyone for being so boring. Too bad, that only happened in my thoughts.

I was minutes away from writing my will when biker-dude and Keith finally showed up.

I threw my arms up, "Finally! I thought I was going to have to call the burial soon!"

Keith rolled his eyes at me but biker-dude stayed quiet, he looked deep in thought. I was about to ask biker-dude how hard his head was hurting when Gal started speaking.