Chapter 21- Believe Me, I'm Unbelievable

We walked out of the joint, heading to the side-walk and walking towards another direction. Addie's unusual behavior still lingered at the back of my mind but that's where I decided to keep it.

At the back of my mind.

I mean, I shouldn't butt in on her business. Yup, I totally shouldn't.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt Keith grabbing my elbow and pulling me to a stop.

I quickly yanked my elbow away from his grip and raised my eyebrows at him, "Whoa there, bucko. What's with the gripping?" He was about to answer but I cut him off, "You don't think you could use me as an excuse for a chick, do you?"

He gave me an exasperated look, "Really? I think I told you what I meant by, 'chick',"

I smirked, "Must have slipped my mind,"

He shook his head, changing the subject, "Right, well. I was actually going to point out something,"

I raised my eyebrow, "Well, is it on my face?"

He furrowed his eyebrows, "No?"

"Then show me what it is, idiot," I rolled my eyes at him.

He sighed and grabbed my shoulder, turning me around so I was facing the other way and then pointed something out in the distance.

I followed his finger and squinted when my gaze landed on a man, walking away with some groceries in his hands.

I didn't get it, what was so cool about some man walking?

I turned to look at Keith with a flat look, "You know that we can walk too, right?"

I figured that he was amazed by the way the man was walking, or maybe he was thinking about how strong the man was... lifting those grocery bags.

He furrowed his eyebrows at me, "What..." Then realization dawned on him, "Oh, gosh Jess. I was pointing out the hat that he is wearing, look!" He pointed to the man again.

I rolled my eyes at him and turned to look at the man, I still couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, accept that something dark was on his head.

Ah hell, was he Batman or something?

I huffed, crossing my arms, "I still don't get it,"

He closed his eyes for a moment and then opened them, "Jess, the item on our list? A Yankee's cap?"

My eyes widened and I nodded, "Oh, I remember," Then I furrowed my eyebrows, "That dude has it?" I jutted a thumb at the man's direction.

He nodded, "Yeah, that's what I've been trying to tell you. Now all we need to do is find out a way to get it..." He went into thinking mode.

I snorted, waving a dismissive hand at him, "You leave that to me,"

His eyes widened, "What are you going to do?"

I smirked, a devious glint in my eye, "Just wait and watch,"

Keith opened his mouth to protest, but it was too late, I was already skipping towards the man, though I was wondering-- how the hell did Keith manage to make out a Yankee's cap in the dark?

I shrugged, oh well. He was a weirdo anyways.

I heard Keith jogging after me, yelling at me to stop, but I ignored him as I jumped in front of the man. The man's eyes widened.