Bloke one and Bloke two: Part 31

We enter cautiously, as I felt my way for the light switch, Jayden had left everything intact including paying for the bills just in case Steph needed the apartment, he truly thought of everything, I realized, as I finally reached the switch and pressed it on. Hopefully he didn't include the factor that my power could be talking to electrical appliances so I can find out about him, I smiled as the light filled the room, almost instantly to reveal a computer and a cellphone. Steph picked it up quickly, and sighed audibly.

"It's not his business phone, just the personal one—most likely he didn't talk business on it—or his present location," she truly looked defeated as she rested it back on the counter. Ah, Stephanie—ever the optimist, I thought sarcastically.

"Geez, don't give up so quick, we got this far—let me try..." I inhaled deeply, willing my voice to go as loud as the contents of the room and no more, "Did anything in here, hear Jayden talking about where he was going for his latest mission?" I asked. I was somehow getting more use to the idea of talking to objects, I realised. Jayden's personal phone instantly rang. I blinked and picked up, and noticed there was a message keyed in on e-mail.

"I don't have a proper speakers, so I can't talk—he only bothered to buy a proper cell phone for his work," I read aloud.

"I...sympathize with you," I found myself saying, it showed me a smiley face.

"It's fine, but to your question, he never told me directly but since you had set me to turn on automatically my microphone was on and I picked up the sound of his business phone as he said he was going to Aswan, Sudan." I paused.

"Where's Aswan, Sudan?" I asked, Steph shrugged, "Jayden's computer can you tell me where's Aswan, Sudan?" In a moment the computer whirled to life, and opened a google map, zoomed in on some place in Africa.

"Right here," it said, I bit my lip, this is like the ultimate cheat, getting someone's appliances to betray him.

"Doesn't Jayden not want us to know..." I found myself asking, "Why are you guys telling me this?" Both the phone and the computer responded simultaneously, except the computer had a speaker, so it went first.

"You've brought us to life—you're more important than our owner," I raised my brow and looked down at Steph who just shrugged her shoulders.

"Can't understand the loyalty of household appliances," she voiced. I read the email, it said the same thing.

"I suppose not."

"By the way I don't mind being able to hear them but it could be problematic having to say it aloud and having them talk aloud all the time," she stated. I smiled, she was just like Jayden always thinking ahead, I am proud to say—I still found no problem with it—till that point. She had a very good point, it's not exactly something I want dad hearing.

"Is it possible, that only I can hear you?" I asked them, "And that you can answer based on my thoughts instead?"

"Just exchange with us, as you would an elite," the computer said, I nodded then commanded the appliances to return to their previous state.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

" No wonder you think it's a friend deprived power, you're being truly friendly with them," Steph said laughing as we ran back home. I cringed slightly.

"Thanks Stephanie," I replied sarcastically, although in truth, it was more like a master and their subjects kind of relationship instead—odd...I wonder what kind of element my power is under to get that...