Untitled Part 45

"YOU WILL NOT SAY SUCH A THING ABOUT THE PEOPLE I LOVE, NEITHER STEPHANIE, NOR JAYDEN!" she yelled, awakening the frightened man, "And the next time I hear you, I'll slap you so hard you wouldn't be able to talk for a week," she hissed, I bit my lip, and blinked—I don't think he'll be able to talk for a week as is. Gillan's eyes filled with pain and enormous fear as he looked up at her glowing presence. Stunned didn't seem to describe the feelings on our faces as all we could do was stare at her, as a few more men entered the hut, and watch her scold the man everyone there seem to revere as a the head. She turned towards the group of men, and glared, "You guys say you want me to help you beat Esther," she continued, "but you're ALL cowards, too cowardly to take any chances on things you don't understand—even if you don't know if it'll work—You're unwilling to try—opting to throw away those who require too much effort and are expendable to you." In a second her glare turned poisonous and I swear some of them would have caught a heart attack if looks could kill, " But—" she continued, her words dripping with venom, and her eyes locking on to Gillan and the elder, " If you treat MY friends like expendable monsters—then I'll show you what a real monster is!" she growled, grabbing my hand and pulling me behind her as the men made a path for us, as we made our way out. She stormed forward, continuing to pull me limply behind her as I tried to make sense of the situation.

Did she just get angry for me? I thought, I could feel a smile stretching across my face—instantly proud that she got angry for my sake, this girl just kept amazing me, I thought as I laughed inwardly. She really is trying—to understand me and see me as more than a monster. I stopped, as we got into the forest, and I pulled her towards me, crashing my lips on hers.

"What...Jayden," she mumbled. 'We don't have time for this.' She exchanged, her expression showing her surprise. I laughed against her lips.

"Have I ever said I love you," I mumbled, she blushed and I claimed her lips again.

"What?" she stammered, in between breaths, clearly unable to focus anymore, before I pulled away.

"Nothing," I said looking at her unsure face, the same face that willed itself to face me before, and stand up for me then. I chuckled, "By the way you know this isn't south east right?" She blinked a few times as if trying to figure out what I'm talking about."

"No?" she asked.

"Nope," I pointed out, popping the 'p'. Her eyes flew open.

"Then take us south east!! Jayden!" she complained, moving slightly in my arms, "We've to help Steph." I laughed softly, and brushed my lips over hers before pulling away, and taking her hand to pull her in the right direction.

Tia POV

"Is it really okay to go and attack thirty elites alone?" I asked suddenly, turning to Jayden. After I finally calmed down, the idea was starting to sink in—we would be heckishly out numbered—and although Jay was healing...my fighting skills weren't much to talk about. He paused.

"To tell the truth, I'd prefer—if you went back and trained for a bit longer," he said, his eyes seemingly distant and deep in thought. Go back...to that group, seriously? I thought recalling what they said.

"And leave you to save Steph and fight thirty elites alone?" I asked incredulously, he must be kidding. He looked uneasy for a bit.

"Although I hate the man—Gillan has a point—you should train more—I really don't want you to face Esther if there was chance for you to get terribly hurt," in a moment I saw a flash of vulnerability in his eyes, then it was gone, "So I really think you should go back." I frowned.

"Jayden—I'm not leaving no matter what you say," I confirmed, "I said I'll stand by you, and I will even if it means I die." He grit his teeth at that.