Untitled Part 48

Tia POV

Esther and Jayden's fight was literally getting hot, I thought, as Jayden sent a sea of flames towards him, raising the temperature in the room considerably.

"I didn't know, Jay could get this hot," Steph stated, I smiled slightly at my own pun on her words.

"Yeah, he may even evaporate the fountain water," I thought, looking over at the fountain that everyone was fighting so desperately to claim. It was encased in a marble like stone—that almost looked as if it was formed naturally, in the design of a bowl, and the spring water came in from a crack in an overhead rock that looked almost like a seal.

A man pushed at me, distracting me momentarily from my thoughts and I pushed him using a light sword and shield that I was able to manifest again. Fighting REALLY had a way of teaching you techniques quickly, I thought, I wonder if this was how Esther taught Jayden. I had overheard him say that when they were talking, and I really didn't put it pass him.

" That's impossible...this water's special...it shouldn't be able to disappear that easily," Steph commented, hiding behind me as more men attacked.

"Right...it's pure healing water—so then isn't it more powerful than you?" I asked, she pouted.

"Maybe," she said looking across at the fountain, "But it feels more like it's a part of me...and the magnitude is just strengthening me. Like now I have even more control over it." Our eyes flung quickly back to Jayden as we heard him crash against a wall. Wait, was Jayden's losing? I thought, folding my fist, that's impossible right? "Tia what's with that wound on Jay's side?" Steph asked me urgently, looking back at me.

"When we fell off the cliff...Esther dropped some rocks and metals on top of us—and Jayden took the blows," I replied cringing at the memory, "It's healed a lot because of the healing water in the general area." I finished.

"Perhaps, but that's still a horrible wound!" she countered, examining his side carefully, the stitches were beginning to undo and he had started bleeding again. "Is he really an idiot!? He can't beat Esther with a wound like that?!" I bit my lip.

"But can we really help him," I replied in between breaths, as another guy jumped me, "We're not exactly doing very good here ourselves." She tensed her muscles and made a mad dash to the fountain. "STEPHANIE!" I shouted, What on earth was she planning on doing, I thought, trying to turn my head.

Stephanie reached the pool and dipped her hands in for a few seconds and froze. I ran up beside her, and shook her shoulders.

"Stephanie, what on earth are you doing?! You can't go running around like tha-" I started, she just looked up at me dumbly.

"I'm healed," she stated, I blinked. What? "My illness—I can't even feel a small burning in my chest anymore—like I use to even after I took the pills Esther gave us," she said dumbly as she looked down at her hands in amazement. My mouth dropped.

"Seriously..." I mouthed unable to speak—she was seriously cured from sticking her hands into the water.

"Tia! I AM SO SERIOUS!" she said a smile crossing her face, "It doesn't hurt at all! I'm totally cured." I blinked again.

"Cured..." I tried, she nodded enthusiastically," From an incurable disease?" Her head bobbed even faster. Oh...my..." GOSH!! THAT'S GREAT!" I yelled jumping up and down with her.

"Well of course it's cured," a voice said. My head snapped across to Esther who wasn't even looking at us, but instead at Jayden as Jay stood up from the ground again. "It was always curable after all—the E-elites, have always had the cure." I grit my teeth as Jayden continued to watch him while wiping blood from his mouth.

"What—do you mean by that?" I stammered

"She's really quite slow," Esther stated. I frowned.

"Even if he had a cure, Esther isn't the kind of person to give me it..."Jayden explained, walking over to him again, "He's the type to try to keep me coming back even if I didn't want to."

"Ooh, you know me so well," Esther sang, "Did you also know, it was me who gave the poison to the humans so that they would poison your sister and kill your family?" Jayden's mouth clenched. "Hmm...does that upset you? Well it's fine—they were the ones who attacked you and carried out the deed—you did get your revenge, and you could have happily continued to satisfy your taste for revenge, Jayden." His muscles tensed, and then his face turned to surprise as his eyes quickly darted over to us. I looked back to see Steph's hands were in the fountain again, and then back to Jayden, as his wound, even the stitches slowly disappeared from his side. All of his smaller wounds vanished also, and his body was once again, clear and clean of any injuries. Was Stephanie doing this? I thought, glancing back at her again.

'Jay, if you want to fight, I'm by your side—so go all out on that creep!' Steph exchanged, I heard it too interestingly enough and Jayden smirked cockily at the thought.

'With pleasure,' he responded, flinging himself at Esther, his speed was doubled what it was previously, and now they were both evenly matched. I couldn't help the smile as it crossed my face, maybe we would win this after all, I mused, as I felt Steph sending her energy to me also, I looked around and noticed all of the human warriors were getting a mass healing also, and were standing back up again. I smiled, wow this is amazing, maybe we will win this war after all.

Jayden POV

Wow, this was amazing, I thought throwing attack after attack at Esther. It was actually starting to make a difference, he was no longer smiling. He wasn't panting either, but neither was I, thanks to Steph and the fountain's water which I assumed she used to connect to us, it was like I had an unlimited amount of energy to fight with, no matter how much I moved, I wasn't tiring at all. And any attack he used that even scraped me, healed in seconds.

Esther frown deepened as he looked at me, obviously aware of my unfair advantage. His eyes darted over to Steph as she controlled the water, and Tia and Gillan who were in front of her guarding her from any other elites who noticed what she was doing by healing all of the humans around her. She was doing a good job, but if Esther seriously attacked them, then they would be in trouble, and I didn't want that so I had to finish this fight quickly, before he found a way to attack them.

I grit my teeth and attacked again, he blocked me and manifested a hole shooting arrows from it. Dang, how many things can he shoot, I complained, using my flames to burn them. They expanded and became smaller warp holes, and I dodged it before the sucked me in. What the hell is with his ability! Is this really air!? I grimaced, as he opened another hole this time shooting out spears, I jumped to the side to dodge it, and closed in the gap, slashing at his heart. I grazed him shredding his shirt, and drawing some blood, but he jumped back in time to escape the full extent of the damage.

"Aren't you being a little too careless, Esther?" I stated, as he looked up to me. A smile flashed across his face, as he looked behind me,

"Aren't you?" he stated. My eyes widened, and I twisted around to turn back, Crap, I realised, the spears weren't aiming for me, they seemed to speed up as the moved further away, and I was behind them in a second, but they had a considerable head start directed at my sister.

Stephanie turned her head, now aware of the spears heading towards her, and raised her hands in front of her face instinctively.

"RUN!" I shouted, as they reached closer and closer to her, I was so close but I couldn't reach her in time.

"Stephanie!" Shooowop. The sound of something harshly sticking into something soft and then a loud crack.

***********