Epilogue: Part 53

Random Author Comment - Aug 18, 2021

I just want to say, it just fills me with joy whenever I randomly see a notification saying someone voted/liked one of my chapters, you don't have to vote on all of them, but just knowing you read it and liked it, I'm very grateful~!~! (Arigato * does one of those Japanese bows*)

------------------------------------------------

Tia POV 

I frowned.

"Titi, what's wrong?" Steph asked, looking up at me again. My eyes looked across at her expectant face, and then back down to the board game. It was my turn again, I realised, but I was just so distracted.

"It's your turn, sweetheart," my mother said, turning the sleeping Sherry in her lap. I looked across at her, and pulled a smile. It was great having her back, the elder had told us about how she was trying to protect us from Esther by distancing herself—but now he was gone, she was safe to come back. I had never felt so happy as I did when my family was reunited, and it's not that I'm not happy now. I looked over at the clock wearily, okay, may be a little bit unhappy, I confessed, picking up a board piece and moving it somewhere.

And why was I upset? I asked myself, the main reason, I'm generally ever upset—Jayden. Didn't he say he'd punish me, yet I haven't been alone with him or hardly saw him for almost two weeks. I had my entire family together, even Stephanie but I missed him terribly—it was almost as if I was completely alone without him there.

I sighed loudly.

"You know, if you keep sighing—a little bit of happiness will leave you," my dad said walking in.

"Fine then, I'll pout."

"That's my girl," he smiled softly, resting his hand tenderly on my shoulder. After the big episode with the elites, we decided to tell him about them, although we shimmered over the Jayden being a hit man part, and I even told him a little about how I felt about Jayden—so he knew I missed him. Mom also knew, she even heard about the hit man thing from the elder, but she didn't freak out as much as Steph thought she would, thank goodness. I stood up and pulled out my seat for him to take.

"Time to switch—I've to study for my last exam," I said thoughtlessly, wait or did I do that one today, I had barely been keeping track...either way I wanted a break from the game, but if that was the last one it meant the next thing was graduation, I thought, before turning to Steph, "Oh have you been studying?" she entered school practically just before exams for promotion started—yet she was doing amazingly well actually better than most of the students...Jay had done a great job tutoring her before—she was almost at the top of her class. She nodded, as she shook the dice for her turn.

My dad sat down, and I walked outside into the hall as my mom was about to take her turn. Jayden being the elite head sucked, I deemed, as I turned to open my bedroom door, he was so darn busy!

I heard a knock, and my head snapped to the front door. I practically ran there, freezing when I got right in front of it, as I released a calming breath. It may not even be Jayden, I reasoned, and if it was, I really shouldn't appear to be so desperate. I breathed again, then pulled open the door to see Jay standing there with the smile I loved so much on his face. I couldn't help but smile back instantly, as I stepped aside so he could pass. He walked in with his hands in his pockets, he's even more handsome than I remember him...gosh he looks good in a suit. He allowed me to close the door, and then side stepped to look down at me—clearly checking me out as I wore a short netball skirt and tank top.

"You ready to go?" he asked, I blinked as my mind tried to listen to his words.

"Go where?"

"Training," he stated calmly. I frowned dubiously, what training? "Today's supposed to be training," he explained, my frown deepening.