Chapter 2 - Reputation

It's after school now and we are all at my house. We been here for an hour or so. We haven't even watched a movie yet. We've just been hanging out and talking in my living room.

"Okay, but tell me these aren't so cool" I said to everyone as I showed them these pair of shoes.

"Oh those are sick, let me see" Justin said to me and I handed him my phone. "Wow. I would buy these" All the sudden my phone started to ring and a confused look came across Justin's face. "Why is Austin Mahone calling you?" He asked me as he handed my phone.

"No way" I heard Chaz say.

"Do you want us to answer it?" Ryan asked me.

"Guys chill. No. I'm friends with him" I told them then got up and walked out of the room to answer. "Hey" I said as I answered the phone.

"Hey Jamie. You busy tonight?" He asked me.

"I am actually. Why? What's up?"

"Oh okay. I was going to ask if you wanted to hang out. But we can do another time-" I cut him off.

"How does tomorrow sound?" I asked. I heard him chuckle.

"Sounds good. I'll talk later. We'll plan something" he said to me. I said okay and we said goodbye. I walked back into the room trying to hold back a smile so they don't suspect anything.

"Since when are you friends with him?" Justin asked me as soon as I sat down.

"We been friends for a while" I told him. I shrugged. I looked over at the girls who looked over at me.

"Wait a minute" Chaz started to talk. I looked over at him and his eyes widened. "Don't tell us you're talking to him" I didn't say anything just stared at him.

"No shot" Ryan added. I rolled my eyes. Here we go. They don't really like him so I know their comments about him are coming.

"Do you like him?" Justin asked me with a confused look.

"I don't know. I might" I told him and some thing in his face changed. I don't know what it was. Maybe it's just because he's mad since he doesn't like Austin. He shook his head and looked away. "Guys I don't know. We've been talking a lot lately and I kinda like his vibe. I know-" Justin cut me off.

"You know his reputation. So why bother with him?" He asked me, but had a little attitude to his voice.

"Because he's sweet to me. His reputation could just be rumors-" now Ryan cut me off.

"Jamie you see how many girls he dates in one year" I sighed and looked down at my hands and played with the ring I'm wearing.

"They just don't want you to get hurt" I heard Sarah say. I nodded, but didn't say anything.

"Can you guys just change the subject? If I'm happy then I'm happy" I told them. They agreed and started to talk about their science class and how annoying they think it is. I know they don't like Austin, but damn just let me try with him and if he breaks my heart then say I told you so and help me get over it. He's sweet to me and I think he deserves a chance.

I looked over at Justin who is quietly on his phone. He looked a little mad. He's the only one taking it to heart. Why is he so mad? He doesn't even have problems with Austin like that.