Chapter 48 - Why Did This Happen?

I need to leave.

I need to get out of here.

In case he tries to come after me again. I'm drunk and stumbling every where.

Fuck why did this happen?

I quickly walked out of the house and bumped into someone making me almost fall, but I felt hands on my arms holding me up.

"No don't touch me. No please" I cried out quietly. I felt the hands remove from me quickly and I tried to walk past, but they stepped in front of me.

"Are you okay?" I heard them ask. Austin. I looked up quickly to see him looking at me confused. "What happened?" He asked.

"N-nothing. I'm walking home" I said in a low tone.

"Let me drive you" he said in a sigh and turned around.

"I-I can walk" I said and I felt him grab my hand. I jumped and he pulled his hand away quickly.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to help you get to the car" he said sounding confused.

"Okay" I said quietly and started to follow him to the car.

"Did you come here alone?" He asked. I shook my head when I felt his eyes on me. "Where are your friends?"

Why so many questions?

"I-I don't know. I just needed to get out of there" I told him and started to walk faster once I saw his car. I just want to go home. As we got to his car, he opened the door for me and I quickly got in. I kept my eyes on my legs as he got into the car too. "Thank you" I said still staring as I heard his car start.

"No problem" he said back in a deep breath. I felt the car start to move. Thankfully, I don't live too far.

I feel so violated. I'm doing everything not to cry with Austin right now. I don't want him to ask any more question. I don't even want to talk. I know the second I do, I'll start to cry. Fuck. Why did this happen to me?

I took deep breathes as I felt the tears come to my eyes again. I was ready to walk home. Anything to get out of there.

What am I going to tell my friends when they ask why I left? What am I going to even do in general about this?

I'm so sick to my stomach. I could throw up right now. We sat in silence, thank god, for the next ten minutes it took to get to my house. I looked up as the car came to a stop and the car was put into park. I saw we were at my house.

"Can I ask you what happened, Jamie?" I heard him ask. I looked over at him all teary eyed. Doing everything I can not to let the tears fall. "You know you can tell me anything" and that's when all tears fell. I covered my face and started to sob. I heard him sigh and I felt his hand on my back. Although I didn't want to be touched, I had no energy to move his hand. "It's going to be okay" I heard him quietly say as he rubbed my back.

"No" I said quickly as I picked up my head to look at him. I shook my head. "No it won't" I cried to him.

"Shh hey whatever is it, you're strong and you know that-" I cut him off.