Her Butler, Capricious Part One

"Jack the Ripper has struck again."

"Yes, I know. I've been following the case for some time now." Ciel admitted in his gloved hand he held a fine parchment envelope, its contents unknown. Alette sat across from him, her moth in a firm line. Their butlers sat outside the carriage, taming and controlling the horses as they pulled into their newest estate Sebastian sat close to Selima, both who were bundled up thanks to the cold weather. He was painfully aware of w close their legs were, just barely apart...

Ciel gripped the skull that served as the ball of his walking stick.

"I hate this." He informed Sebastian and Alette as they hopped up the pearly white stairs; it was as if no one had ever set a foot on them. "There are too many people in London.."

"There is no help for it, my lord. It's tradition for the nobility to migrate en masse to town from the country every Season." They entered the door with ease, and ascended the mauve staircase.

"You will have to learn to adapt, Ciel." Added Alette

"There is no hope for a noble gentleman that doesn't know how to fraternize or at least deal with the public." Ridiculed Selima. She was a critical woman; Ciel now knew whose goal in life was to push Alette to her very best. Some might find it endearing, as if she cared for the girl. Ciel knew better, she was simply caring and tending the soul she wished to consume, making it as good as it could be.

"The Season, eh? A waste of time, if you ask me."

"Some people like to enjoy life, Ciel. See the sights.

"Getting away from the manor could prove a nice change of pace. It's a break from those four, at least... We can enjoy a little peace and quiet for a time." Sebastian glances away from the young master and toward Selima, who had just removed her winter gear. She showed off a blue dress laced in black, which fell to her knees in the front, longer in the back.

"Some peace and quiet does sound nice...But I digress. Peace and quiet is not what I need. I need a lead." They open the door to reveal Madame Red, rearing their once neatly prepared room to shreds.

"Goodness's sake! Where do they keep the tea in this house?"

"I can't find it either..."

"Don't be silly! Of course it's not in there. Oh!"

"We have tea." Whispered Alette, meagerly holding up a golden bag.

"Madam Red?! Lau?! What are you doing here?!"

"Ciel, you're early, dear." She stated simply, taking the bag from the confused Alette. "Who is she?" Ciel remembers the two had not been formally introduced.

"Right, Madame Red, this is Alette Vamphina, my business associate. Alette, this is my aunt Madame Red." He introduced. They mutter their greetings, politely, as ladies in their day do.

"Your sudden appearance here in town must mean..."

"The Queen's guard dog has a new scent to follow."

* * *

Ciel sips his tea, the newly poured ginger tea Alette and Selima had brought along. It had a snap of an aftertaste, singing is tongue n the warm liquid.

"He struck again, another prostitute was found gruesomely murdered in Whitechapel. These killings are far from normal. The level of violence we're seeing is unprecedented."

"Of course our knowledge only stems from what the papers saw fit to divulge unto the public." Acknowledges Alette.

"We have however, picked up a few clues as to the scene of the crime." Assured Selima.