Her Butler, Entry

Sebastian straightens, feeling unusually out of place. What was he doing again? Why was he outside? Selima was looking at him expectantly. Right, there was a fire. His wife had confessed she was pregnant. Everyone would be outside soon. He was shaken up, and had no idea what to say. So he pulls her close, and whispers

"We'll sort it all out later tonight." Then kisses her temple while Ciel yells about how everyone will be here soon. Right as everyone begins to overflow at the gates, Sebastian scoops up Ciel and is gone. Ciel is stowed away inside the Blue dormitory, as Sebastian approaches the scene once more.

"Selima, search for Derrick."

"Yes, my lady." replies Selima, beginning to scan every moving body at a speed unknown to Alette. Time drags by for Alette, Violet enters the courtyard, looking through the students;the rest of the dorms file out groggily.

"Has he come out yet?" questions Alette, once the previously packed front yard stream of people begins to dwindle to a steady trickle.

"Not yet." And Selima was not the only one. Sebastian, who had been monitoring the situation like all other teachers, had not seen Derrick Arden either. Alette leaves her spot by Selima, and runs up to Violet.

"You know what to do." presumes Violet Alette nods, making her voice sound as calm as possible and her expression confident as possible.

"Room leaders, you will check your attendance, then report back to the P4!." she instructed over all the chaos. Violet lowers his hood, and for once Alette gets a good look at his face. Pale face shrouded in dark makeup, lips and eyes and even his nails have been painted as dark as the night sky. His eyes were bright purple, the fire bore into him, and he stared back. Brushing a strand of his partially bleached hair aside, he turns his attention to the eager pupils who had to report to him. Alette scurries back to Selima, praying she had spotted him.

"Nothing." reports Selima, crushing Alette's hopes.

"Ugh! If they won't come out I suppose we can't let them die." Alette groaned

"It's not even that. If I had sensed a soul in there, I would have saved it by now. But there is no one left inside, my lady." admits Selima

"No one is inside?" repeats Alette.

"Not a soul." reiterates Selima. At that she takes off through the congregation, pushing until she finds Sebastian. Behind him, is Ciel.

"He's not in there." relays Alette.

"I've been given the same speech." articulated Ciel.

"So he was never--." begins Alette.

"Derrick Arden was never inside purple house." confirms Ciel.

"Your superior is looking for you, my lady." absently reminds Sebastian.And so she returns to her duties, rushing back to the front of the purple mass.

"Is everyone okay, Violet?" she asks, already knowing the answer.

"Yes. Everyone is present." He curtly answers, pulling up his hood.

"This farce is over now. Selima, put out the fire." instructs Alette.

"Of course, my lady." complies Selima. She is gone in an instant, and so is Sebastian. They near their destination in silence.

"Have you ever ridden an elephant, my lady?"

"I have not."

"You're about to."

"Wait..." But before she can protest further, the is atop the animal, feeling rather awkward in a dress. "Is this safe for a pregnant woman?" Sebastian is in front of her, already freed the gentle beast of its constraints, looks back at her.