Her Butler, Maneuvers

"Well then, the first cricket match of this tournament will be Sapphire Owl vs. Scarlet Fox!" Announces one of the staff members.

"How unlucky that you have to end up against red house right away, Lawrence." Taunts Edgar Redmond.

"Hm." Scoffs Bluer.

"I may lose at chess, but I won't at cricket!" Proclaims Soma.

"We'll see." Smirks Ciel, as the referee flips a coin to see who will go first.

"Red house will bat first. Blue house can wear the vest. In this tournament, each match comprises of two innings with twenty overs!" Informs the referee. Everyone knew the rules, but it was tradition for this to be relayed for everyone who supposedly didn't know.

"Yes!" Chanted all the players.

"Play!"

"Soma Asman Kadar, right handed." Narrates one of the spectators.

"Come!" Initiates Bluer, waving his bat. Everyone is pumped, even blue house is calling and cheering for their prefect. But that all ends when Bluer strikes out. Clayton does slightly better, but his ball is caught by none other than Redmond. And it goes on

And on.

"Why are so many people from blue house getting out so quick?!" Squeaked Mey-Rin, who had come to watch Ciel along with the other servants.

"When someone knocks over the wickets behind the batter it's called bowled and they're out on the spot. It's also out if the ball is caught without bouncing. And it's out if the wickets are knocked out while the batter is out of the crease." educates Bardroy

"So this is a complete disaster." Recognizes Finny.

"The blue house really sick at sports sooo much." Comments Mey-Rin.

"Do your best Ciel!" Cries Lizzie

"He's not even playing yet..." mutters Bardroy.

"By the way, why are there only two players from Blue house?" Questions Mey-Rin.

"We came all the way here to cheer for the young master. And Alette." Adds Finny.

"Poor dear, only has her butler." Empathizes Mey-Rin.

"Don't tell me you guys don't know the rules!" Berated Bardroy.

"Heh...Heh..." they laugh, Bardroy sighs.

"Cricket is played eleven versus eleven. It's the sport that inspired baseball. Though outside America, baseball is not so popular. It's main features are three poles called wickets. And the fact that there are two batsmen. The batsmen hit the ball while protecting the wickets, the bowler attacks them, trying to knock them over. There are a few ways to score points. If a batsmen is able to reach the opponent's crease after the ball has been hit that's one point. If the ball crosses the line after bouncing that's four points. If it goes over the line without bouncing that's six points. The bowler changes after six bowls, this is called one over. On the other hand, the batter can continue hitting as long as he doesn't get dismissed. One inning is ten outs. After that, the attack and defense switch. Unlike baseball, an inning can last very long, and a traditional match could last up to five days." Explains Bardroy.

"Long!" Yell Finny and Mey-Rin.

"You think? That's why today they're not switching based on how many players are dismissed, but on bowls. It's an original rule. One match has two innings, one inning has ten overs which is sixty bowls, for a total of twenty overs. So they'll be able to get to the final today." Concludes Bardroy. "Don't worry. Since cricket is a long game, we have tea breaks every two hours."

"How refined!" Swoons Mey-Rin.

"As Phantomhive Chef, I prepared a special meat pie!" Excitedly reveals Bardroy.

"That smell could only be Bardroy." Mutters Sebastian. Selima turns to see he is as always, correct. "What are they doing here?"

"Ten overs!" Broadcasts the referee "Switch!" Sebastian tsks.

"They only scored twenty one points." Selima flinches as Clayton tries to catch a ball hit by Soma, only to have it crack against his face. She watches as Redmond takes the bat, luscious hair pinned up in a loose ponytail. Even his technique is ostentatious. "By spinning around, he uses centrifugal force to hit a powerful slog shot. It's remarkable that he could still keep the meet point, despite his spin. He's skilled."

"That really is my nephew!" cooed the Viscount.

"Is...Is that Lau?" Recognizes Selima, seeing him waving cards and calling out.

"Gambling in this holy school....he hasn't changed at all." Disapproved Sebastian. Soon they are at the halfway point, and already counting their losses.

"I'll be the next bowler." Decides Bluer.

"Weren't you going to save that for the final?" inquires Ciel

"Well it won't matter if we don't even get to the final." Points out Bluer.

"There's still a game and a half left. We have a chance." Declared Ciel.

"We can't let them score any more points! Right, coach?" Affirmed Bluer, turning around to see Sebastian gone. "Coach? Where'd Professor Michaelis go?"

"Maybe he went to the bathroom?" Suggested Ciel calmly.

"At such a time?!" Worries Clayton.

"We shouldn't change the strategy without coaches permission!" exclaimed Bluer

"I'll be the next bowler, leave it to me." Firmly states Ciel. As this all goes down, Red house brags about how easily they will win, as they feast on their lunch. A surprise delivery enhances their experience as well, and soon it is time to play again.

"Let's do our best, Phantomhive." Smiles Johan Harcourt.

"Of course, Harcourt." Ciel begins to bat and all begins to go to hell, again. It is the last chance for redemption, victory is at Scarlet houses fingertips. But when Johan is about to throw the last bowl, he ceases in his spot.

"My stomach...!" Shouts Redmond. Everyone on the red team is groaning and yelping in pain.Ciel hides his smirk, as the announcement is made.

"Sapphire Owl wins by forfeit!" Selima smiles, it looked like her delivery had made its way there. Sure, technically this was cheating, pumping a meat pie full of laxatives and giving it to the other team, but who had to know?