Chapter 15 - Torn

I woke up the next morning with the sun beating down on me.

I felt like I was lying on clouds, but I came back into reality to find sand lying beneath me.

I was sweating to death in my sweatshirt and sweatpants. I looked over next to me to find a sleeping Harry.

He looked so peaceful but I knew I had to wake him up.

“Harry,” I shook him a bit.

“Harry, wake up.” I whispered as I poked his cheeks.

“Hmmm?” I heard him mumble.

“Get up, lazy.” I laughed and punched him slightly in the stomach.

“Wh-where are we?” he asked as his eyes fluttered open.

“We must’ve fallen asleep here last night. No one came and got us.” I laughed.

“Why is it so hot?” he asked rubbing his eyes.

“Because we’re outside, silly.” I laughed standing up, holding out a hand to help him up.

“Hello?” I said as we got into the house.

It felt so good. It was so cold in there compared to outside.

“Good morning you two! May I ask where you guys were last night?” Louis asked cheerfully as he came into the living room where Harry and I went to sit.

“I think we fell asleep on the beach? None of you came to get us.” I said giving an evil glare to Louis.

“Oh yeah. Sorry about that. Forgot you were out there.” He winked and got up and left the room.

“So, you gonna go talk to her?” I asked Harry. Her as in Leah.

He nodded. “Yeah, but I don’t know what I’m going to say yet.”

I shook my head. “Just go and talk to her right now. You’ll know what to say when you see her. Go on” I motioned my hands for him to get.

“Wish me luck.” He laughed.

“You got this. Go” I said.

Part of me prayed that things would end between them. But another part of me prayed that they stayed together because Harry wanted nothing more in the world.

Harry’s P.O.V

“Leah?” I said quietly as I knocked on the door.

“Come in.” I heard her say.

I opened the door slowly and walked in to find her sitting on the bed doing something on her phone.

“Hi…” I said as I walked over and sat on the bed next to her.

“Hey.” She said not looking up from her phone.

I sat down and grabbed her phone out of her hands and set it down on the night stand next to the bed.

“Can we please talk?” I asked looking at her straight in the eyes.

She was beautiful.

I loved her so much. Everything about her I loved. But for some reason, whenever I looked at her, whenever I told her I loved her, part of me got mad at myself. And I didn’t know why.

We had been dating for eight months already, and I loved her with all my heart. But there was always that one little ounce of me that got mad when I thought that.

“Yes.” She said quietly.

“Leah, look. I’m really sorry. I should’ve told you first before getting the tattoo with Dylan. But she’s my best friend. It was an in the moment kind of thing. I’m so sorry that it made you upset. I didn’t want to make you upset. Leah, you’re so beautiful. I can’t even stand the thought of losing you. I love you so much.” I explained my love for her.