Chapter 28 - All That Talk

It had been four days since I moved here and I absolutely loved it.

Kelly and I had work off today, so she decided it was best if she gave me a tour of the city, and to take me to all of her favorite stores.

We were now in a small boutique right on the edge of LA and I’m pretty sure it would become my new favorite store.

“Dyl, these is so cute! You should totally get it! It’d look so good on you!” Kelly pulled out a pair of Aztec high-waisted pants.

And she was right. They were adorable.

We left the boutique shortly after and decided it was time to get lunch.

“Let’s go to one of my absolute favorite places! I’m sure you’ll love it!” Kelly said as we got in her car.

“Sounds good!”

“Hey can you answer this for me? It’s Luke, I don’t want to answer it when I’m driving.” Kelly said handing me her phone.

Great.

I hesitated before grabbing her phone.

“Hello?” I said into the phone.

“This isn’t Kelly.” I heard Luke say.

“Put it on speaker,” Kelly whispered to me.

I did as told and Kelly took over.

“Hey babe! I’m just going out to lunch! What’s up?” she said as I held the phone.

“I was just calling to see if you wanted to go to lunch with me! But never mind, who are you going to lunch with?” Luke asked.

Please don’t do what I think you’re going to do, Kelly…

“Come to lunch with us!” Kelly exclaimed

Damnit.

“Who’s us?” Luke asked.

“You’ll see! Meet us at Carvers in about 10 minutes! See you there!” Kelly grabbed the phone out of my hand and hung up.

Well this outta be interesting…

---------------------------------------------------------------

“You’re kidding,” Luke said after Kelly told him the story about how her and I would be working together and about our conversation we had the other night.

I smiled shyly once Luke looked at me.

“Nope. Dylan’s my new co-worker!” Kelly exclaimed.

She was one happy girl. Out of these four days with her, I don’t think I’ve seen her not smile.

“That’s great!” Luke said. I could tell he was lying.

I could tell he didn’t want Kelly to be friends with me, even though he had agreed seven months ago to be friends with me.

“She’s so sweet, isn’t she?!” Kelly said to Luke.

“Very.” He said through gritted teeth then put on a fake smile.

“I have to go to the restroom! I’ll be right back!” Kelly said getting up from the table.

Nooooooo.

“It’s okay. You don’t have to act like you enjoy this,” I laughed once Kelly was out of sight.

“It’s not that I don’t enjoy it, but please Dylan, don’t say anything about how we broke up to her…” Luke pleaded.