Chapter 23 - Birthday Bliss

“I swear, if you make me drive anywhere out of London again after this, I will not do it. You’ll be waiting wherever, forever. Because I am not leaving this city again.” I said to Harry as we sat at The Hummingbird Bakery drinking tea and eating dessert.

Even though I hadn’t eaten breakfast or lunch yet, dessert was a nice change out of my day.

“Whatever you say, Dylan…whatever you say.” He shrugged his shoulders.

This better not mean you’re making me drive out of the city again, I thought.

We finished our tea and dessert and it was time for Harry to go wherever, and time for me to find him wherever.

He handed me a note before he left saying that I couldn’t read it until he left the bakery.

I waited until he left then frantically opened it and saw it labeled ’10.’

10

This one’s just to keep you in the bakery a while longer. The next note is on your dashboard in your car.

H.

I rolled my eyes and laughed.

I rolled my eyes because he just used this to stall me, but I laughed because he signed every note with H. It was quite funny.

I went to my car and found the eleventh note laying on the dashboard.

11

I lied. This one is for the same reason as note #10. The next note is waiting on the door of the café we first met at.

H.

I drove about two miles to get there and he was right. The note was stuck to the door.

12

If you’d really like to find me now, think hard. What do I like to do best? Call Louis if you need help figuring this one out.

H.

What does he like to do best? Well that was probably the easiest one ever.

Sing.

I drove to the recording studio that the boys always recorded at and walked in.

There was many different studios, so I checked every one of them looking for Harry.

He was nowhere in sight.

I went to the last room and found yet another cardboard cutout of him and a note stuck to it.

13.

I figured you’d come here first. I wasn’t going to let you figure it out that easily. Think harder. Remember if you need help, call Louis.

H.

This one was actually really hard the more that I thought about it. Of course he liked to sing more than anything. But supposedly there was something he liked to do more than sing…

Then it hit me.

I got in my car and drove to Funky Buddha.

I walked in and the place was empty, besides for yet another cardboard cutout of him.

14.

I figured you’d come here next. But now I need you to go back to the studio because I lied. Singing is what I like to do best.

H.

That bastard.

I checked the time on my phone and it was now 2pm.