Chapter 20 - Two One

“Why does London have to be so cold in the winterrrrr?!” I whined as I walked Stella down the sidewalk.

“I don’t know. Maybe because it’s London. And it’s almost February. And it’s winter?” Niall laughed as his fingers intertwined mine.

“I hate cold weather. Just think, three more months and I’ll be living in the sun!” I cheered but I could feel Niall tense up.

“Yaayy…” Niall fake cheered.

“It’s okay. You don’t have to act like you’re excited.” I laughed.

“Good, because I’m really not.”

“I didn’t think so.”

“So is everything okay between you and Harry now? Or?” Niall asked.

“To be completely honest, I don’t know. I haven’t talked to him since you made us go to the store together and that was four days ago…his birthday is tomorrow so I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to call him then. But I really don’t know what’s going on between us.” I said.

“Well maybe you should figure that out sooner or later…go over to his flat when we get back to mine.” he said.

“Ehh, I don’t know…” I said uneasy about it.

“Just go, Dylan. He’s your best friend.” He said.

And so I did when we got back.

“Hello?” I said as I walked into Harry’s flat.

“In the living room.” I heard him say.

I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch across from his.

“Hi,” I said awkwardly.

“Well fancy seeing you here.” He laughed.

“Is everything okay between us now? Like can we just go back to the normal us?” I jumped straight to what I came here for.

Seeing him now and knowing that we were fighting made me realize how strong my feelings were for him.

“Yup, everything’s good.” He smiled, but I was still unsure of his answer.

“You promise?” I asked.

“Promise.” He nodded.

“Soooo, you’re birthday’s tomorrow!” I cheered quickly changing the subject.

“Finally legal to drink in the states! Hellll yeaaahh!” he cheered.

I laughed at how silly he was. “So what are your plans for tomorrow, Mr. Styles?” I asked.

“I don’t know. Throw another rager at Louis’” he shrugged his shoulders.

“No really.” I said.

“I’m not kidding.” He laughed.

I rolled my eyes.

“Okay, maybe not at Louis’, but don’t worry, I’ve got something planned.” He smiled.

“You do? Shouldn’t other people be planning your birthday party for you?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Ooohhh, Dylan.” He shook his head but was smiling.

“What?” I furrowed my eyebrows together.

“Ah, nothing.” He smirked.

“You’re strange. Very strange.” I laughed shaking my head.

“But you love me. So get over here and give me a hug because I feel like I haven’t hugged you in forever.” he said.

And so I did. His embrace was warm and welcoming and I wished we could stay like this forever.