Chapter 11 - In & Out

“Dylan Rose Kennedy, get your lazy ass up. We’re leaving soon.” I heard an Irish voice say.

My eyes fluttered open to see Niall towering over me, his arms crossed, waiting for me to get up.

“Leaving? Where are we going?” I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

“I don’t know. You tell me. Everyone else left. It’s just you and me today, my friend.” Niall sat on the end of my bed. “Now hurry up.” He continued.

I walked to my suitcase and grabbed my pale pink maxi dress and black sandals. I turned around a gave Niall the ‘get out so I can change look’ and he left.

I let my hair fall natural, brushed on a bit of mascara, brushed my teeth and went down to meet Niall.

“Well that didn’t take long. Let’s go!” he said dragging me out the door towards the beach.

“We’re walking? Where are we going? What time is it even? Where is everyone else? Is this a date? Oh gosh, Niall. ” I bombarded him with questions. I still felt half asleep and I was so confused.

“Yes, we’re walking. I have no clue where we’re going; I thought we could decide as we went. It’s around noon. Harry and Leah left at around 10, said they wouldn’t be back until later tonight, Liam went to the gym, Louis and Zayn went shopping. And oh god Dyl, this is not a date.” By this time, he was laughing uncontrollably. “Unless you want it to be.” He winked.

“You’re such a dork.” I pushed him playfully.

“So where do you wanna go?” he asked as we continued to walk forward.

“Well, I’m kind of hungry-” I started but was cut off. “Oh thank god! I was waiting for you to say that! Can we please try In & Out Burger?! Please?” Niall practically begged.

I laughed. “Why not, Horan.”

-----------------------------------------------------

“This feels like I’m eating heaven. Please, can we stay here forever?” Niall said after he took a bite of his burger.

He was right. In & Out Burger was fantastic.

I laughed at him admiring the burger in his hands. He was so weird.

“You’re probably one of the strangest people I’ve ever met.” I laughed.

“But you love me, and you know it!” he showed a smile that would fit a six year old.

I laughed again.

“So what’s up with you and Harry?” He changed the subject.

What was up with everyone thinking there was something going on between Harry and I? Ugh! I thought to myself.

“Why do all of you all of a sudden think there’s something going on between us? Nothing is going on. And I mean nothing.” I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, sure.” He chuckled.

“What’s the big deal about being friends?! I mean, haven’t you guys gotten used to it?” I laughed. “We’ve been friends for like 7 months, jeez.” I shook my head then took a bite of my burger.

“Dylan, you’re lying when you say there’s nothing going on between you and Harry.” Niall laughed and shook his head.

Lying?! I guess these people know more than I do?

“Lying? Oh, okay Mr. I Know Everything.”

“Dylan, you still have feelings for Harry.” He stated.

“No, I don’t.”

“Yeah, sorry to say, but you do. Anyone can see it.”

“No, sorry to say, I don’t.”

“The way you look at him, yes. Yes you do.”

“I look at him the same way I look at you. And I don’t have feelings for you.”

“Dylan, you have feelings for him, just admit it.”

No,I don’t.”

“Yes you do. Just admit it.”

He was not going to drop this was he?!

“No.”

“Yes, don’t lie.”

“No.”

“Okay fine, maybe.”

fan, comment, vote! xxx