Chapter 13

Mitch's pov

For the second night in a row, I was cuddled up to Scott while I attempted to sleep. I could get used to this arrangement. He had his arms wrapped around my torso and my hands were up on his chest with my head resting against them. Our thin, torn blanket was rested on top of us. It was calm, serene. I could feel his chest rising and falling with every breath he took. He shifted slightly and I moved my head so I was looking up at him, he quickly met my gaze and smiled. I rested my head in the crook of his neck and smiled at the thought of everything going on with us lately.

I felt his hand move along my side and I squirmed a little in his hold. He loosened his grip and faced me again, a concerned look on his face.

"What's wrong?" he asked me.

"Oh um it's nothing." I tried to play it off.

"No, it's something." I shook my head and rested it back on his chest. "Something about when I touch your side, like this." He moved his hand but I grabbed his wrist and gave him a stern look. "What is it Mitch?" he smirked.

"Scott don't." I said between my gritted teeth.

"What? Oh, you're not ticklish are you?" He stared into my eyes and kept the same cocky smile on his face.

"N-no way." I cursed myself for stuttering.

"So let go of my hand."

"I- uh I don't want to."

"Because you don't want me to tickle you."

"It's basically a form of torture!" My voice cracked and we both laughed a bit.

I took his hand and intertwined our fingers. "Smooth." Scott stated and I smiled at him. I turned so my back was pressed against his chest. "But I have two hands." he said quietly right before I felt him wrap his other arm around me and reach for my side. Once his hand was on my side, he started tickling me mercilessly and I tried my hardest to not laugh but it's physically impossible. I started laughing and it progressively got louder.

"Scott!" I managed to get out, in between laughs. "Stop!" Tears had already formed in my eyes from laughing so hard. He completely ignored me yelling at him. I used my one free hand to try and push his arm off of me but it was completely useless. "Scott!" I yelled again. "Please!" After he stopped, I ripped his hand off of my side and sat up straight. I crossed my arms and looked down at him, disapprovingly. He laughed and blew me a kiss. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "That was rude." I said.

"But I couldn't just stop!"

"Why!" my voice was really high pitched all of the sudden.

"It was so funny."

"No it's not, it's rude."

"But your little giggle laugh thing is so cute." I smiled a bit at the comment and I felt my cheeks growing red.

"Are you done?" I asked.

"Hmm well-" he started but I cut him off.

"No. You're done." He smiled at me as laid back down and cuddled into him. I felt his hand moving towards my side again so I spoke up, "Don't." He laughed and rested his hand on my back, keeping me in a nice hug.

"Goodnight." He said quietly before shutting his eyes.

"Goodnight."