Chapter 11

Scott's pov

Mitch fell asleep really quick but I didn't, I couldn't seem to slow my racing heart. We just kissed. That was our first kiss. I didn't even really know I felt anything for him. I mean maybe a crush but who wouldn't like this boy, he's great. He was cuddled up in my arms, his face pressed against my chest, he was trying to hide from the cold. He is a really cute sleeper, wow. How is he adorable even when he's asleep. I started thinking about all the little things he's done for me. He brought me inside when I was hurt even though we had only known each other for a couple of days, and he himself took a punch to the eye because of the situation. He supported both of us doing something that he was clearly shy about because he wanted me to rest while I was hurt. He saved extra money and bought me a new sweater, I had been wearing the exact same thing every day for about a year and he was the one to change that. When we hugged for the first time, I felt a spark but pushed it aside since I had other priorities at the time. But we just kissed, that is not the same as a hug. Does this mean he has feelings for me? If he does, has he always? I mean, he was the one to connect our lips.

My thoughts consumed me until I became to exhausted to even think anymore. I kissed the sleeping boy on top of his head and closed my eyes with him cuddled up in my arms. His mere presence made me very happy.

*****

I woke up because the boy in my arms was squirming and he kicked me too. I slowly opened my eyes but it was still dark so I had a hard time seeing. "Mitch?" my voice was croaky since I just woke up. He didn't answer but he kept kicking and by now he was weeping too. I let go and looked at him, his eyes were shut yet his face was wet from tears. He was having a nightmare, I have had my share of nightmares and it sucked. I slowly shook his shoulders and said his name a few times. His weeping became whaling and soon he was practically screaming. He covered his ears and curled into a ball but continued to kick and scream.

"Stop it!" He yelled through his screams. "Let me go!" With every word he said, my heart broke a little bit more. But, the last one was when I realized that I had to wake him up, "Dad, please don't."

"Mitch, wake up buddy." I said softly while I shook his shoulders. When he didn't wake up, I thought of ways to make him snap out of it, only one idea came to mind. I debated it for a second but I then leaned down and placed my lips on his. I kissed him but he didn't kiss back... at first. I held my lips to his for at least 5 seconds before I felt him kissing me back. I smiled into the kiss and pulled away. I looked at his eyes which were red from crying. He was staring at the ground and wiping tears away. "It's okay Mitch, I'm here." I said and pulled him into a hug while we sat against the wall. I let him cry into my chest while I held him tight and whispered calming words to him.

Once he ran out of tears, he started talking, "Scott," I looked down at him and met his eyes, "thank you." he smiled a shy smile and continued speaking, "It's funny how someone I've known for such a short period of time, is the only one to ever pull me out of a nightmare." I pulled him closer as he wrapped his arms around my torso.

"I got you Mitch."