Chapter 10

Mitch's pov

"So that's it?" I asked.

"Sounds good to me." Scott added and Kirstie nodded in agreement.

"So tomorrow morning we will meet at our space." I added and Kirstie nodded her head.

"Is it okay if I tag along?" Alex asked. Scott looked over at me for approval, it's really cute that he still does that for me whenever he isn't sure if I am okay with something. I nodded my head and Scott gave Alex a thumbs up.

"You wanna head back? It's getting dark." Scott asked me and I nodded in response. Scott and I said our goodbyes to the duo and started heading back to our space.

Tonight was colder than most nights which usually makes it much harder to sleep.

We got back to the crawl space and I entered first. I went back to my corner and found an apple for myself and one for Scott. I tossed it to him then started eating my own. After we had finished I decided it would be a good time to sleep. I grabbed the small worn out blanket that Scott had given to me on the first night I was here and curled up under it. I was still shaking from the cold. I closed my eyes and tried my hardest to let the exhaustion take over my body so I could just fall asleep. It wouldn't work, I was freezing and this thin ass blanket didn't do anything for me. My mind came up with a stupid idea but before I could reason with myself, I started talking.

"Scott?"

"Yeah?" He was still eating his apple so his words weren't very clear.

"I'm cold."

"Oh." He sounded confused so I had to help him pick up the clue.

"Can you maybe like um.. like you know-" Scott cut me off before I could continue with my awkward babbling.

"You want me to come over there?"

"If that's okay with you, you don't have to or anything." I didn't want to sound needy but if he said no, I'd probably cry. I heard some shuffling and in no time, Scott was by my side he pulled the blanket over himself and me then wrapped his arms around me. He was pressed against my back and I felt warmer both outside and inside. His presence made me so much happier. I turned in his arms so we were chest to chest, I brought my arms up to his chest and rested my head on top of my hands. I looked up and noticed he was already looking down at me. We stared into each other's eyes until he broke the eye contact to glance down at my lips. I moved my head up and connected our lips briefly. Our first kiss. I have one question. How the hell can a kiss that short make my whole life eight million times better? I felt something in my chest that I haven't felt in a while... Do I have a crush on this boy? I moved back down to where I was, cuddled up in Scott's arms and smiled into his chest before closing my eyes and then drifting off with no problem.