Chapter 36

Mitch's pov

"There they are!" Ben said excitedly. He's never this excited... maybe he has good news! We all smiled at Ben and then something caught my eye. He wasn't alone for once, this man was with him, he was wearing a suit and tie, dressed real fancy. "Guys, this is Mr. Lester, he works for the company."

"Hello Mr. Lester, it's a pleasure to meet you." Scott stepped up as the leader.

"Please, call me Phil. So, Ben here showed me your recording of the popular song, Cheerleader. To be honest, I'd have to say I liked it more than the original. Listening to you singing today, and seeing how well you were able to interact with the audience, I'm impressed. You're all very gifted, and I'd like to know if you would be interested in signing a contract with us."

What! An actual contract! He... he wants us! Oh my god!

I felt my smile grow and it felt like some sort of weight was just lifted off of my shoulders. I looked at my friends and they all had the same look plastered on their face, excited but also kinda dumbfounded.

"R-really?" Scott hesitated before he spoke.

"Yes really, you're a talented group." Phil chuckled.

"W-whoa. Well I mean of course we're going to say yes!"

"Great! Ben will talk you through everything and he has the paperwork for you to sign. I can't wait to work with you." Phil smiled and nodded then put his hand out to shake our hands.

T-this is actually happening, right? This isn't some crazy dream? I'm awake, aware and this is real life. Oh my god. We're on our way off the streets.