Chapter 20

Mitch's pov

"Mitch, would you please come out here for a second?" I heard Kevin call from outside, interrupting me tracing stick figures in the dirt.

"Yeah, I'll be right out!" I chirped back at Kevin then brushed away the little dirt drawing I had made of my three friends. I crawled out and stood before Avi and Kevin. "What is it?" I asked, trying to sound polite rather than impatient. Instead of answering, the pair side stepped to reveal the alley.

Was this their subtle way of kicking me out? Clever but still heartbreaking. Why are they smiling so much? Weirdos.

Right when I was about to ask what was going on, a familiar tall blonde stumbled into my view. He straightened up and we caught each other's eyes. We just stood and stared in awe. I looked at him as if he was my most prized belonging, but he may just be more than that... Which scares me. We just stared and smiled at each other until I noticed Kirstie stomp out and start pushing Scott in my direction and before I knew it, we were only inches apart. My eyes were watering because I never thought I would get to see Scott ever again but here he is, standing right in front of me yet all I can do is stare at him and smile like an idiot. Before I knew it, Scott had his arms wrapped around me and I wrapped my arms back around him without hesitation. I buried my face into his shirt and let my tears flow a bit since this is the first time in a long time that they're happy tears. I am just now realizing how much I really missed his touch and his hold. I don't plan on leaving his side again for a long time. Maybe it's okay to care about this one.

I was the first one to pull away from the hug even though I didn't want to, but I wanted to see his face to make sure none of this was a dream, to make sure that this wasn't some other man. When he looked me in the eyes I could tell he noticed my tears but I still smiled up at him, the widest I have smiled in a long, long time. I continued to gaze into his beautiful blue eyes, trying to memorize every pattern and every shade of them.

Unexpectedly, he leaned down and placed a quick peck on my lips, right before speaking, "I missed you so fricken much." he basically whispered. Hearing him just talk, let alone saying those words, made my life so much better. His voice breaking half way through the sentence only made it cuter.

"I missed you more." I said while we had our foreheads resting against each other. Gosh, that is so cheesy.

"Impossible." My goodness Scott, are you trying to kill me with your charm?

Scott pulled me back into another hug and it was all nice and peaceful until two more sets of arms wrapped around us. Alex and Kirstie. Man, I missed them all so much.