Chapter 26

Mitch's pov

Today is the day, the day that we perform on a larger scale. That street was busier yesterday at a normal time than our regular street is at rush hour. It's just 3 songs, not much, no need to be scared. I just need to remember that this is for the benefit of the group. I'll be fine. What's the worst that can happen anyways? Actually, lets not think about that.

"You ready?" Scott asked me once Avi and Kevin showed up. I nodded and grabbed the hand he had held out for me. "Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho."

"I love that movie." Kirstie commented.

"Who doesn't? Snow White is a classic." I added.

"Plus, I totally relate to Dopey." Scott said.

"I'm definitely Sleepy." Kirstie chimed in.

They both looked at me so I spoke up, "I'm probably closest to Grumpy, to be honest."

"That's not true." Scott said to which I jokingly rolled my eyes. "I got it. You're Bashful."

"You're joking, right?"

"Not a chance. Bashful is adorably shy, just like you." Scott tapped my nose. I felt my cheeks growing red so I looked to my feet. "Point proven."

"Shut up Dopey." I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Sorry lover boys but we're nearly there." Kirstie poked her head in between us.

"Kirstie we aren't dating!" Scott and I yelled in sync.

"Oh, you're not?" Kevin asked.

My goodness, why does everyone think we're dating!

"No, we aren't." Scott told him.

"We're here." I said and walked forward to a nice corner spot. Okay, I got this. Big crowd. Wow okay. No pressure, I'm fine. My anxiety isn't bad right now, I'm calm. Just breathe. Okay. Yeah, okay.

"Ready?" Scott said while we all huddled together. Everyone nodded in response and stood in a semi circle around Scott's snapback that we used instead of a cup today. We started singing the lyrics to Royals while people walked by. At first, nobody really stopped but after we got into it, a crowd started gathering. A couple people even had their phones out and were recording us. By the end of the song, the crowd was over double the amount of people we usually get at the other street and the snapback on the ground was quite full. I slid behind Scott, trying to hide because I'm not the biggest fan of all the attention. His hand slid backwards to me and I held it. Soon enough, the four others all turned so we were back in a little huddle.

"Cheerleader then Rather Be or vice versa?" Scott asked us.

"Rather Be first will give my voice a short break." I commented.

"Okay, we'll do that then."

We sang Rather Be and Cheerleader while the large crowds continued to walk by us, the occasional few staying to watch. There was only one guy that stayed the entire time, he made me curious.

"Good job you guys, I think you sounded great." Alex said after we had finished. He comes to every single one of our performances to support us, what a great guy.

Scott swiped his hat off the ground and pocketed the money so we could count it in a more private place later. He adjusted the hat on his head and smiled at us all.

I noticed the guy that was watching still hadn't left like most of the crowd did so I tugged on Scott's sleeve. When he looked down at me, I shifted my eyes in the direction of the guy then back to Scott. He turned his head and nodded before walking over to this mysterious guy. I saw them shake hands and then Scott smiled, which I think is a good thing.

"What's going on?" Avi asked me, referring to Scott and guy.

"Not sure, he stayed and watched us perform the entire time so Scott went and talked to him." I explained.

"Do we have any impression of this guy?" Alex asked.

"Not yet, but Scott was smiling so I'm sure he must be nice." I told him.

Scott turned and we all looked away quickly so he wouldn't know we were staring. "Hey guys, I want to introduce you to someone." Scott started. "This is Mr. Bram."

"Please, call me Ben." The man said while sticking his hand out to me. He shook hands with us all while he spoke. "You five have real talent, and I want to help you become big."

"Seriously!" Kirstie squealed.

"Wow, this is crazy." Kevin added.

"This is amazing." Alex chimed in.

This small risk of us coming onto a bigger street may have just payed off big time.