Chapter 38

Mitch's pov

"Uhhh guys!" Kirstie called out from 20 feet ahead of us. "Alex said he's meeting us here, right?"

"Yeah, he said he's going to be at the crawlspace." I answered.

Panic washed over Kirstie's expression. "He's not here." Me and the rest of the guys started running to her and searched the small crawlspace for any sign of Alex, but to no avail. Kirstie started pacing and her breathing got heavy. "Guys where is he! Where did he go! He never skips out on us! Oh my god oh my god!"

Scott rushed over to her and pulled her into a hug. He rubbed her back and told her everything would be okay until her breathing slowed to a normal rate.

"You and Mitch go back to you and Alex's place and see if he's there... I'll wait here with the guys and if he shows, I'll rush him over to you... okay?" Scott spoke softly.

Kirstie nodded her head and walked in my direction then grabbed my hand as she brushed past me. She speed walked, dragging me behind.

We arrived at our destination in no time and Kirstie hurried to get in and see if Alex was there. I followed in behind her. Oh he was there alright. I was in awe at what was laid out before me. Alex sat against the far wall, holding a single red rose. The small path from the entrance to the wall where he sat, was lined with those cheap emergency candles. I looked over at Kirstie to see her with her hands covering her mouth and her eyes beginning to water.

"Kirstie," Alex started, "we've known each other for not too long, but in that time that we have known each other, I've become very close to you. You're my best friend. My world revolves around you. Hell, you are my world. We joke around about having feelings for each other, but I always hope and pray that part of you does really have feelings for me because I have feelings for you, I have since the day we met. Meeting you for the first time was crazy, I can remember every detail of it. You looked stunning... but you always do. Basically, what I'm trying to ask is, Kirstie, will you be my girlfriend?"

Kirstie nodded her head slowly as the tears started pouring down her face. She made her way over to her new boyfriend and held him close in her arms.

I figured I had no place here so I quietly left the beautiful scene and started back towards my own crawl space.

Man, Kirstie and Alex, Scott and I? Next thing you know, Kevin and Avi will be getting together.