Chapter 19

Scott's pov

"Why'd he leave Kirstie?" I spoke quietly while my friend sat beside me so I could cuddle up to her. "Why do they all leave?" No one has actually ran away from me before but it's still the same feeling, knowing that something I did made someone that I love leave.

"I dunno Scott, I really don't understand why anyone would leave you." Her voice was so calming.

"I do." I mumbled quietly.

"Stop doing this Scott, you are a good person, don't think otherwise."

"Then why does nobody ever stay Kirst?"

"I haven't left, neither has Alex, and we don't plan on it."

I slid further down, staying cuddled up to her while she kept her arms around me, rubbing my back. She's never seen me like this, not many people have. I always felt the need to be brave for everyone, especially Kirstie and Alex, I was the one to help them, they were like my most precious jewels.

Everything was fine. Then Mitch came along. He made me feel so happy, so complete. Then I had to screw everything up and make him leave. I wish he would just come back. But I know he won't.

*****

"We are going to turn this city upside down looking for Mitch, okay?" I told Alex and Kirstie.

"Of course." They responded in sync, as they often did.

"Thank you." I said to them as we started walking.

I'm in a whole different mindset than earlier, I want Mitch back, and I'm determined to make that happen. We walked through all of the alleys and down every street, into every grocery store, through every park. We asked strangers if they saw a shorter man, partly shaved head, with a long black fringe haircut, and eyebrows that slayed the scene. But it was all to no avail... at first.

We walked around a park when we noticed two guys chilling under a tree, they were the only ones we could see in the park so we decided to go talk to them. I jogged over to them and started talking. "Hey, my friend ran away the other day and I was wondering if you have seen him."

They exchanged a quick glance then focused their attention back to me. "What's he look like?" One of them asked and I was taken aback by his deep voice.

"He's uh pretty short, about this tall," I held my hand just above my chin to show his height, "he's got a partly shaved head, black fringe."

"Scott?" The other one asked me. I was surprised by the fact he knew my name.

"Um yeah. How'd you know that?" I asked, very curious to know the answer.

"You're looking for Mitch, aren't you?" The same one asked. His words made my heart burst with happiness.

"Yes! Do you know where he is?" I asked, beaming with excitement. I might be getting Mitch back.

"Yeah, he's just back at our place. He's been talking about you." Hearing that made me even more happy than before, I thought he hated me, that he wouldn't want to come back.

We started walking back towards where Mitch was, even though I'd rather be sprinting there. I just couldn't wait any longer to see him again. Man, I'm pathetic, it's only been a couple days since I've seen him last.

After a walk that felt like it took 10 years, we finally arrived where the two guys, who I recently learned are named Avi and Kevin, lived. Alex, Kirstie and I all hid behind a wall so we could surprise Mitch.

"Mitch, would you please come out here for a second?" Kevin called inside.

"Yeah, I'll be right out!" Mitch said back and I heard some shuffling inside. He popped out and stood before the two boys. "What is it?" He asked politely.

Kevin and Avi stepped aside then I felt Alex push me and I stumbled out into Mitch's view. Our gazes met and I smiled so wide when I saw his pretty little face. His smile matched mine. We just stood there, staring and smiling like a pair of idiots until Kirstie came out from behind the wall and started pushing me towards Mitch. When we were stood only a few inches apart, I noticed the tears in Mitch's eyes. I wrapped my arms around him and he did the same. We hugged each other so tight and his face was buried in my shirt. He pulled away after a couple minutes and looked up at me, his smile even more stunning than I had ever seen. We stared at each other until I leaned down and pecked him on the lips. "I missed you so fricken much." I said quietly, my voice breaking halfway through the sentence.

"I missed you more." These words made my heart melt.

"Impossible."

I pulled him back into a hug then soon felt two other sets of arms wrap around us. Alex and Kirstie. We were all back together again.