Chapter 28

Mitch's pov

"Dare." I heard Scott say. I wonder if he knows what he's gotten himself into? Only about half an hour ago, I made Kirstie mad and Scott is basically handing her a chance for revenge.

"I dare you to..." she paused for a second to think. Her eyes met mine and she grinned, oh boy. "Scott, I dare you to kiss the most attractive one of us." She gestured to everyone in the group.

I watched Scott as he looked to his left at Avi then continued to scan the rest of us until he stopped when he got to me. "Hmm." Don't do it Scott. He looked back up, away from me and across at Kirstie. I calmed down a bit seeing as he decided not to kiss me in this moment.

The serene moment was ruined when Scott quickly jerked his body to face me and tackled me to the ground so our faces were only inches apart. "Hi handsome." He smiled and leaned down and kissed me gently on the lips but pulled back quickly. Yeah Scott, because after what you just did, a short kiss is gonna make them think that we don't have feelings for each other. Well after that, where's the harm in throwing caution to the wind? I reached my arm up and placed my hand on the back of his neck, forcing him to lean back down and give me a proper kiss. After we pulled apart, we sat up to see our friends sitting there, wide eyed, with their jaws dropped.

"Woah, woah, woah." Kirstie smiled. "And you claim you two aren't dating."

"I swear we aren't." Scott continued to try and convince them that what he's saying really is the truth, and it actually is!

"You cannot look me in the eye and say you haven't done that before." Kirstie retorted then raised an eyebrow.

"Well..." Scott said quietly.

"Called it!" Kirstie squeaked.

"Kirst quit it." Scott growled at his friend.

After that, not much else happened. We all just kinda chilled, talking about random little things. We were all cuddled up, leaning against one of the walls, trying to keep warm. One by one everyone fell asleep until it was just Scott and I awake.

"Can we go for a walk?" He whispered to me. I nodded in response before untangling myself from the giant cuddle puddle. We intertwined our fingers once we got outside. "I'm surprised you made it through Kirstie's attack." Scott joked.

"That girl is flipping strong." I answered with a laugh. "So any reason why you wanted to go for a walk at like 2am?" I asked after checking the watch that I still have on from the night I left.

"Yeah, actually." Scott said then stopped in his tracks to turn to me. He stepped towards me and rested his hands on my waist. I smiled at him and stood up on my toes so I could reach him. We connected our lips and as if on cue, it started lightly raining. "Kissing in the rain, how cliché."

"Did you really pull away from a kiss to say that?" Scott smiled at my comment and leaned back down to kiss me properly. "Much better."

"Lets go back, we're getting soaked." Scott started walking but I stayed put.

"I like the rain, it's calming." I reached my hand out to him. "Let's be even more cliché and dance in the rain."

To this, Scott smiled and took my hand in his. He rested his free hand on my hip and I put mine on his shoulder then rested my head on his chest as he held me close. We stepped slowly back and forth while Scott sang the lyrics to one of my favourite songs, Bless The Broken Road by Rascal Flatts.

After he finished singing, he looked down at me and placed a kiss on the top of my head. By now, we were both soaking wet and the cold had gotten to me and my entire body was shaking. "Mitchie, you're shaking. Are you okay." I could hear the genuine concern in his voice.

"Just a bit cold."

"Here." Scott took the wet sweater from his body and slipped it on top of me, seeing as I only had a t-shirt on.

"You're gonna be cold now." I said through chattering teeth.

"I'll be okay." He slipped his arm over my shoulder and guided me back to the crawlspace. He quietly moved the scrap metal door and let me hop in first. When we got in, we both changed into dry clothes and went over beside our friends. We cuddled together until we both eventually fell asleep to the sound of rain hitting the metal door.